What is the best way to charge my new iPhone 6?

I

iMore Question

Battery on new iPhone 6

Hello everyone,
I'm new here in the forum, looks like a nice place to discuss.

I have a new iPhone 6, and I just wondering what is the best way to charge,
Do you recommend to do a cycle (Drain the battery to 0% and then fully charge up to 100% without using the phone)? or you charge when it gets to low precent of battery (10% or lower)?

thank you, have a nice week.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery on new iPhone 6

I can only tell you what I do. At least once a week or so, I let my battery drain completely or within 3% and then charge it while powered off overnight. Other than that, I usually go to bed with around 30% battery, depending on the day's usage, and then let it charge overnight.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

I have found that the best way to charge my iPhone is to plug it in to a lightning cable thats plugged into a USB power source.
LOL sorry i couldnt resist. :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I never power cycle my device...I just charge it when needed. There really isn't any trick to this honestly...pretty cut and dry.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

As above. They say it's actually bad to completely discharge a lithium ion battery.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I charge whenever my battery goes too low for me to complete my next task. No trick or anything. Just charge as you see fit. These batteries can handle it.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

I feel like power cycling is one of those old tricks like android task managers that we just don't need anymore. The phones just work now. Charge it when it needs charged. Top it off if you're going out later. Just don't let it die.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2