Damn, this iteration of the iPhone is really slippy to hold...

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

After over 2 weeks with my iPhone 6, I spent probably all of that time in a case since I got it.

However I went naked for the last day and a half, luckily I was home while I was doing this, I noticed it is way too slippery to hold and use without a case especially using it outside or on the move...

Swiftly put my case back on, it has good grip for better handling and no fears of dropping my 2 week old device.

Anyone faced a similar dilemma?

FlyHigh365

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You didn't notice how slippery the phone was when you first took the phone out of the box? But I have an Apple leather case and a Spigen case.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

After over 2 weeks with my iPhone 6, I spent probably all of that time in a case since I got it.

However I went naked for the last day and a half, luckily I was home while I was doing this, I noticed it is way too slippery to hold and use without a case especially using it outside or on the move...

Swiftly put my case back on, it has good grip for better handling and no fears of dropping my 2 week old device.

Anyone faced a similar dilemma?

Yeah, holding it without a case can seem slippery, at least it was for me initially, but not anymore.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yup it's slippery. Since it's Tuesday I'll go naked. (Inside Joke)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I agree, it's so slippery it's impossible to use without a case. Tried to go naked the other day but I realised that it was impossible. So I put it back in my true case :) don't feel comfortable to go naked with this one. My Ip5 I always gone naked with but it's not as slippery as Ip6

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree the iPhone 6 surface is a lot smoother than past iPhone models; that's why I always have a case on my phone.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I've been using a leather skin from dbrand. It has reduced the slippery grip

Sent from my iPhone 6 Space~G using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
My phone went from the box to my shirt pocket for the 15 minute drive to Best Buy and there I got a case and a tempered glass screen protector. That's it. I'll never have an iPhone without a case or a glass screen protector. I protect my Beloved.

50ShadesofDroidx

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Still using my iphone naked. I agree that it's slippery, but I just love how the phone looks without it at the moment. If I do get a case, then I'll probably get one that showcases it.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
These phones are, IMO, dangerously slippery. A case is basically mandatory unless you like holding your phone with an iron grip and

Yeah, holding it without a case can seem slippery, at least it was for me initially, but not anymore.

... becoming accustomed to it doesn't change that.

It doesn't seem slippery, it *is* slippery.

Lol.

daniel44

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
For the brave naked users, how do you cope with the camera lens? I've seen a few naked phones lately, and cringe as they get put down on a table. Is that lens really that durable? I'm just thinking of my previous (admittedly cheap) phone with its thoroughly scratched lens.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I never really use a case at home (well at least if I am relaxing and not going out later) and I got used to how slippery it is. I have carpet in my home so I don't really have a fear of breaking it at home. But I would NEVER go caseless outside as I broke my HTC ONE's screen the first day I decided to go careless. Protect what you own!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
For the brave naked users, how do you cope with the camera lens? I've seen a few naked phones lately, and cringe as they get put down on a table. Is that lens really that durable? I'm just thinking of my previous (admittedly cheap) phone with its thoroughly scratched lens.

The lens is made of sapphire, so it won't scratch at all (or at least not as easily.). I wouldn't worry about it. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711