i hear a lot of good things about workflow... Is it worth the download?
    I usually just keep it stock and use reminders, notes, and evernote as a 3rd party app..

Who has it? And what productivity and news apps are you using and WHY
    02-23-2015 08:13 AM
    I can’t unconditionally recommend it. It does require a bit of outside-the-box thinking and creativity, but it can have great utility if you know what you want to use it for. But it’s also a wee limited in this point, so it’s still a bit of hit and miss for some uses. I’ve just started using it and I found many great ideas in the gallery and on Reddit, but only few of them are actually useful to me.

I can give you several examples:
    1. It can add functionality to existing apps. For instance, I added an action to Safari’s share sheet that allows me to open websites in Google Translate (the website) or lets me shorten URLs for sharing purposes.
    2. It can provide simple functionality that you previously needed an app for. For example, I’ve created workflows that let me calculate tips, BMI (for easy entry into Health) and other things without having to use separate apps. You can add these workflows to the home screen too.
    3. It can circumvent some restrictions. For example, I like reading PDF files in iBooks, but there is no way to open a PDF file from iCloud Drive in iBooks without downloading a separate app. My workflow opens iCloud Drive, lets me select the PDF file and then opens it in iBooks, all in one flow.
    Last edited by Eitot; 02-23-2015 at 08:48 AM.
    02-23-2015 08:36 AM
    It's alright, and is worth at least experimenting with, in my opinion. I simply don't have any real use for it.
    02-23-2015 09:16 AM
    It's alright, and is worth at least experimenting with, in my opinion. I simply don't have any real use for it.
    Same here. I created a couple of workflows just to see what people were saying about the app but didn't have a real need for them.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-24-2015 09:01 AM
    Same here. I created a couple of workflows just to see what people were saying about the app but didn't have a real need for them.
    The one thing that immediately irked me about the app was not being able to immediately start using it without first having to create a GIF. I don't want to create a GIF, and why can't that be part of an in-app tutorial or something. Know what I mean?
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    02-24-2015 09:12 AM