Something Andoid/WP do better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Apple does quite well in making devices with appeal to a very large audience... Apple will be fine...

It's never a good thing when a company starts relying on brand recognition and loyalty. Apple should always be thinking about ways to improve on its products. We as users should as well. Sometimes ideas do come from customer feedback.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It's never a good thing when a company starts relying on brand recognition and loyalty. Apple should always be thinking about ways to improve on its products. We as users should as well. Sometimes ideas do come from customer feedback.

Customer Feedback is what KCH50428 suggested 60 posts ago in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Apple is thinking about improvements you, me, and the guy behind the tree haven't even begun to think about... and their performance and track record alone should be proof enough that they're pretty darn good at it. Brand recognition and loyalty don't really mean squat if the product doesn't live up to people's needs and desires.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

What proof do you have that Apple is resting on it's previous accomplishments and is relying only on brand recognition and loyalty? Just because you don't see "it" doesn't mean that they aren't doing "it".

Apple bashers unite! SMH

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If a product and a company consistently meets and goes beyond the needs of it's customers it's doing something right.
Oddly enough a big part of why people line up every year for a iPhone is word of mouth.

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
What proof do you have that Apple is resting on it's previous accomplishments and is relying only on brand recognition and loyalty? Just because you don't see "it" doesn't mean that they aren't doing "it".

Apple bashers unite! SMH

Where the hell did I say that? I was responding to KCH's reply, which I will quote again because its pretty damn clear you care more about arguing more than actually reading:

Presently? Nothing. Works just fine for me as is

To which I replied:

I hope Apple doesn't feel that way.

Meaning that I hope Apple never gets to the point where they feel things are good enough and begin to stagnate, like where Microsoft used to be back in the day. At no point did I say this is where Apple is right now.

Brand recognition and loyalty don't really mean squat if the product doesn't live up to people's needs and desires.

You're right, but those two things will carry a company for a while before people finally move on.

Customer Feedback is what KCH50428 suggested 60 posts ago in this thread.

No, really? Never argued that. Feedback can/does come from places other than Apples official feedback page, however.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Where the hell did I say that? I was responding to KCH's reply, which I will quote again because its pretty damn clear you care more about arguing more than actually reading.

No, really? Never argued that. Feedback can/does come from places other than Apples official feedback page, however.

Feel better now? SMFH

I am so freaking done here.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

You imply that Apple doesn't do BOTH just fine...Apple creates brand recognition and loyalty by building top tier hardware year in and year out. Apple listens to and appeases demand by the masses with each new iPhone that is released...otherwise, they wouldn't enjoy the kind of sales records and growth that they do...and nobody would migrate over simply because of a larger screen.

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
You imply that Apple doesn't do BOTH just fine...Apple creates brand recognition and loyalty by building top tier hardware year in and year out. Apple listens to and appeases demand by the masses with each new iPhone that is released...otherwise, they wouldn't enjoy the kind of sales records and growth that they do...and nobody would migrate over simply because of a larger screen.

Sorry if you're interpreting it that way, but I'm not implying anything. If I thought Apple was a stagnant company getting by on brand recognition, I'd never have bought an iPhone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if you're interpreting it that way, but I'm not implying anything. If I thought Apple was a stagnant company getting by on brand recognition, I'd never have bought an iPhone.

Your post content seems to contradict your words. When someone makes the arguments you have in this thread, how else is it to be interpreted?

To be honest, after reading your response, I'm beginning to think that you're just looking to argue with a certain member without any real core reasoning.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Personally I don't think any of the companies do everything perfectly or better than everyone else. I think they each have strengths and weaknesses. But it can be fun to entertain borrowing from each to make someone's ideal phone. I'd add webos, BB10, jolla sailfish and ubuntu to the discussion though.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
He likes to get on people in the comments on the front page blog posts. He figured "let's see how I do in the forums."

Ooops...

Maybe it's about time to mosey on over to the front page blog posts...lol.

Was gonna offer to trade him for Charlyee and A895, but I'm not that big on A895 coming back, and I see that Charlyee has been reincarnated as CDG. Guess we're stuck with him.

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
He likes to get on people in the comments on the front page blog posts. He figured "let's see how I do in the forums."

LOL! Now where am I causing mischief on the front page?? I honestly don't remember. Are you sure its me?

To be honest, after reading your response, I'm beginning to think that you're just looking to argue with a certain member without any real core reasoning.

Well, I figured since my thread has degraded into non sense, I might as well have some fun. Honestly, all I wanted was some discussion until KCH, iED and HankAZ decided to form an iHerd. Not really sure who the sheepdog is here. At first I thought it was KCH since he's a mod, but then 'ol Hank seems to answer for KCH, which leads me to believe HankAZ is the actual HMFIC....but then there is iED quietly out there...just waiting...

Last edited:

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
LOL! Now where am I causing mischief on the front page?? I honestly don't remember. Are you sure its me?

You might refer to this as personal attacks as opposed to discussing the topic. You've been respectful but are debating a topic that makes the same group of posters uncomfortable for some reason. I honestly don't know why.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There is no "iHerd"... What utter bovine processed feed grains. I'll consider the source, and dismiss your comment as hyperbole, goading, and a straw-man.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The problem with threads like this is that someone comes along with the perfect "fix" for the iPhone design that, BTW, is not broken. Others chime in and they all have a great time until someone says that the proposed change is unnecessary. All blazes breaks loose because, as has often been stated "if you disagree, why even post in this thread".

What those "pro" change folks fail to recognize is that on a "discussion forum", things are discussed and debated. In short order, it escalates to an all out flame war with everyone choosing sides.

If you want to discuss something, fine, have at it. If you just want to choose teams and have a b***h-fest, go somewhere else.

Now, I would echo Keith's comment that there is no "iHerd", but that would be redundant, and unnecessary. With that said, I am done with this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro