Something Andoid/WP do better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon8656116

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Apple - Feedback maybe... or in an email to an Apple exec... there are a few here who've had success in getting issues addressed that way... but general forum discussions here? Apple has their own forums to mine for issues to look at before looking here.

I like to believe that Apple executives or managers surf on fansite forums too, in the absence of any feedback. :smile: Besides, you never know what is picked up on (social) media.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Well the entire point of the thread are things that you think android or wp do better. All of us are generally happy with our iPhones or we wouldn't own them. If you don't wish for anything to be different, why comment on this thread?

But if you thing that Android and WP do not do anything better, isn't saying so a valid response? SMH.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It isn’t always a binary choice. Choosing a smartphone is often a balance between things you like and things you don’t. You may really like that one feature of Windows Phone or Android, but it’s not worth switching to these platforms. You might not be 100% satisfied with iPhone, but only for about 90%. That’s still a clear preference for iPhone, but not complete satisfaction. Apple does sometimes respond to user feedback as well, which is why such discussions may have some merit.

That would be a valid point IF Apple read this forum and responded. (Hint: they do neither as far as I have seen.) You want to tell Apple? Follow the link that Keith posted for Apple Feedback.

In the meantime, continue to have your say, and I will continue to have mine.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It isn?t always a binary choice. Choosing a smartphone is often a balance between things you like and things you don?t. You may really like that one feature of Windows Phone or Android, but it?s not worth switching to these platforms. You might not be 100% satisfied with iPhone, but only for about 90%. That?s still a clear preference for iPhone, but not complete satisfaction. Apple does sometimes respond to user feedback as well, which is why such discussions may have some merit.

I understand and feel your point.
But for myself there is no balance of what I like and don't like with a iPhone and it's not blind dedication to Apple or anything like that.

For example I know some complain about the bezels on a iPhone. Could they be smaller? I guess they could but the bezels don't come into play in my satisfaction. I'm able to do all of the tasks I need to do and more with the bezels as they are.

The home button increases my satisfaction because as I mentioned in a earlier post all of the functions that have been incorporated in it the past few years. If the home button changes I hope the ease of use and security remain and the additional functions remain. Because the home button isn't just a home button.
For me there is nothing in Android or WP that makes me even slightly not satisfied with iPhone.

My point on users changing and not the device is not a dig on those users I'm just saying instead of highlighting what a iPhone may or may not do investigate what it does do and maybe that can change or increase the satisfaction of the users experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Probably the best ever thing that my Note 4 camera does that I wish my iPhone could do...

When you are taking a selfie on the Note 4, just say shoot and the camera will automatically give a two second countdown and take the picture all on it's own. No touching any on screen buttons, just say shoot. I love it!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Not at all. You find it baffling that people like some things about other OSs and wish there was a way to combine them and I find it baffling that someone who is completely satisfied with their device would even waste their time in this thread.

Not necessarily.

For example, I wish that we could customise fonts. So if someone were to wire about that, I would agree and I would post saying so. In this instance I disagree with additional physical buttons. So I posted and said so.

So those of us who do not find an additional button to be desirable are saying so. Why would we not? Threads are not open so that only those who agree should post.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Last edited:

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
So the maker of the most popular, successful phone in history needs to remove features that make their phone so popular, and instead mimic features of less successful/popular phones instead.

Riiiiight......

FWIW, having had both Android and iOS products, I prefer the tactile, mechanical feedback of the home button over the software button on Android any day.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've also got Android, Windows, and of course my iPhone. Each is different to suit different tastes.

I would hate to think that we want to migrate towards a universal experience with no differentiation.

Different strokes for different folks. Sometimes I want vanilla ice cream and sometimes only chocolate and sometimes dulce de leche.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
So the maker of the most popular, successful phone in history needs to remove features that make their phone so popular, and instead mimic features of less successful/popular phones instead.

Riiiiight......

Whats that famous Jobs quote about the best artists steal?....So you think that the phone/iOS cannot be improved upon? Do you seriously believe that other mobile OS's aren't better in some ways and vice versa?

There are only so many ways to accomplish a task. at some point, its not about mimicking, its about the fastest, most efficient way to get something done.

I truly wish I had titled this thread differently.

Last edited:

perttime

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Unless you find features on the iPhone that are really important to you, an Android phone tends to be better value for money.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Unless you find features on the iPhone that are really important to you, an Android phone tends to be better value for money.

I disagree. Apple gives you reliability, interoperability with phones, tablets, computers, and a tremendous ecosystem. The iOS AppStore is far superior to anything Android or Windows can offer.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone see the Modern Family episode shot entirely on Galaxy 5S's and a few Windows Lumia 635's ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro