How do you sync your iPhone?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do sync your iPhone?

My husband has a Macbook Pro from 2011 and his hard drive crashed.
He had been adamant about not backing up to icloud and only backing up to his computer... You can imagine that now, he's suddenly become a huge fan of icloud back up, lol. He's lost a ton of things which he cannot retrieve.
Live and learn.

As for me, since coming back to Apple, I have discovered something very simple:
If you set up your Apple devices to work as Apple intended them to, they really do work like a charm.
In my case, this meant buying more icloud storage space, but it was cheap and I'm glad I did.
I also set up automatic back ups because I'm a noodle head who keeps forgetting.

And I do not have any problems with either my Macbook Air or any of my other devices. Life is good.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
How do sync your iPhone?

iCloud. My windows laptop was such a chore to use that I rarely ever hooked up my iPhone to sync. I'm getting a MacBook Air at the end of the month so I guess that I'll sync it more often.

However iCloud is so convenient. You don't even have to remember to do it. It just does it automatically.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

I use iCloud for backups, but I do use iTunes occasionally just so I have a physical backup on a disc

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

I sync with iTunes only. I have synced with iClouds before but rarely because I don't have wifi.

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

iCloud both phone and iPad. People still use pc's? lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stonerman33

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

Both iPhone and iPad backup to iCloud regularly. I make it a point to do a full encrypted backup of both to my MacBook at least once a month. Two is one, one is none, right?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I backup and restore on both but prefer iTunes because it's easier to sync all my music library since I don't stream.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like the others, I back up to both and manually "sync" to iTunes on occasion. Why? Various reasons including being able to quickly get a new device up and running and to be able to restore something that I might have deleted by mistake.

ricardoabel

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Is icloud sinc as complete as itunes? I thought that only itunes sinc was totally complete, making the real backup of the whole data from iphone/ipad... what do you say?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Sync is Apps and multimedia files... Backups are settings, documents, app data, photos. I believe Backups are the same data to iCloud and iTunes on computer.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I can't imagine how long would it take to backup gigs of photo and mp3 files to cloud storage, with connection upload only 1 Mbps ? Hmm .....

Remy De Leeuw

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I sync my photos and some app data with icloud and my whole phone with my pc.

I also use dropbox and onedrive to keep an extra backup of my photos.

odedo1

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Both but I prefer having my Apps on my computer this way I control my Apps and media, especially after hearing from many people that Apple took down Apps they owned from the App Store, also there are new complaints of People who paid for Apps then the App disappeared for a week from the App Store and when it came back it was under a different developer name and they couldn't install without paying again so not to get into a weird situation like that I bought a 3Tera external hard drive, got my iTunes running on it perfectly.
Also restoring from the iCloud backup is only possible after doing a complete restore on your iDevice but with iTunes no restoring of the device needed for restoring any of the backups that you got saved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk