Looking for a case with better protection than an Otterbox Defender

MuttX7

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
While at work today, my iPhone 6 fell from the Otterbox holster ( I was a dumbass and should have put it in my coat pocket) and hit the ground corner first. Not sure what it messed up internally but my screen flashes, has a couple of dark spots on the left side, the screen didn't even crack and since I have insurance, I am supposed to get a replacement some time tomorrow. My iPhone took plenty of tumbles while in a Defender with no damage at all. I now want to find a case that's a little tougher than a defender since I don't think a 3 1/2 foot fall should have killed my phone.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
They are pretty good cases. It all depends how the phone hits the ground I think. I dropped my phone in a apple leather case and never had an issues. And another time I dropped it in a life proof and shattered the screen.

Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MuttX7

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Please do. I looked at the Griffen's and the Tech 21s. I'm leaning towards the Tech 21. Just pulled my Zagg tempered glass screen protector off and it looks like I was wrong. It has a crack in it and impact damage in the top left corner.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Griffin does as stated above. I have one of these also. All the ports are covered and there is even mesh over the earpiece.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
well i like say firstly i love the patriot, im not to into doing review at this moment i ordered from ebay. was mistake so far. the case is fantastic but came damage glue was missaligned on protector and protector pops off very easy:( very sad looked forward to it i should have listen to my gut and went tech 21 website but i wanted it faster then that mistake of course.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
well i like say firstly i love the patriot, im not to into doing review at this moment i ordered from ebay. was mistake so far. the case is fantastic but came damage glue was missaligned on protector and protector pops off very easy:( very sad looked forward to it i should have listen to my gut and went tech 21 website but i wanted it faster then that mistake of course.

They sell them at best buy in my area.

MuttX7

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to visit the local Best Buy because they have more than a couple of the cases you all have mentioned and I'll be able to look at them in person.

I forgot to mention that thanks to the insurance I have carried on my iPhones since I bought the 5 when it came out, I received my new phone Saturday morning. It was overnighted with FedEx and since this was my first insurance claim, only cost $99.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I have and probably always will like any Lifeproof case over any otterbox case made ... I absolutely love the feel of the ones I bought for both my parents iPhone 6's

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
The Griffin Survivor almost triples the thickness of my iPhone but it provides the protection I need when I need it.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely not a fan of bulky cases so I would either go with the Spigen, Speck or Tech 21 case. I had the EVO Mesh in which I'm thinking about getting the Red/Smoky color now as I had the clear/white version.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234