IPhone 6 Question.

riuk

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

my problem is quite a small one but i want to know more about how the GPS works.

I know actually all the basics like GPS and A-GPS.
When i use my phone for chatting (most likely Facebook chat) i have most likely not a direct line to the satellites because i chat only with my friends when i use the subway home from work and i use LTE because i have a nice contract with a lot of download volume.

When i enter the subway and finally the train arrives i start i chatting but i always get the same location where i should be. Its every day the same location within 5 meters accuracy but it is 1 mile away from my position. I am in the subway moving and i am not sure why it is always showing the same location.

Maybe it is the last location of the cell tower i was connected?
Or is it because it is the place where the subway cell tower is?

I really dont know how that actually works but i realized that when i am moving in the subway sometimes i have no lte but a gprs. but when i move trough a big station on the subway line the position jumps to my actual position and stays there again until i arrive on the next major station. Smaller ones doesnt reset it.

When i use after that a normal train it is always right on point and i dont have any problems with the phone or the gps either because it is really accurate.

Thank you in advance.

Riuk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
When the phone has no location available from GPS satellites, the location it will use is either that GPS location of the wifi node you're connected to, or cell tower.

riuk

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Thank you a lot. I did not connect to the subway wifi.

So i guess it was the last cell tower where i was connected to?
Because the thing is : It shows a place near my work but i have a a good connection in the station downstairs and after i enter the train, where i can start chatting, it does shows the place from before again. Maybe it is like that because it was the last time i was on the surface? Or does it show the last cell triangulation because that wont work in the subway?

:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods