Has your iPhone ever froze?

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I was on the Amazon app browsing using SwiftKey keyboard and all of sudden the app frozen and I couldn't do anything after letting it sit for about 5 minutes my screen turned all blue and the phone shut itself off. Then I presed the on button and did turn on. Kind of strange...reminded me of the android days...wasn't expecting this to happen on the iPhone 6.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any 3rd-party keyboards installed on my iPhone 6 Plus so I'm not experiencing any crashes. I restored my device as new last night during the Super Bowl game so I doubt I'll experience any crashes unless I install an app that's not up to par with iOS 8.1.3...;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Since iOS 8, I've had Safari freeze up. That was fixed in an update. The only other freeze up issue is with the messages app freezing up occasionally because of the 3rd party keyboards. I like using those keyboards, so I put up with it. Hopefully Apple will fix that soon.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
My messages app freezes all the time. Specifically when I send a picture text and come back to it, it is frozen and has to be swiped away and restarted. Drives me nuts.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
So I can assume that it was not the amazon app but SwiftKey that caused the crash. Is there a way to find out on the phone what caused the freeze.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I did on Swiftkey. Removed it and hasn't happened since.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So I can assume that it was not the amazon app but SwiftKey that caused the crash. Is there a way to find out on the phone what caused the freeze.

I haven't known the keyboards to cause a crash. Just freeze ups. The freezing is an iOS 8 bug with 3rd party keyboards. I think Apple is aware of it and will eventually fix it. It's just not high on their priority list.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Sangathegame

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I had about 200 mb left on my HD, and every app was running slow. Every once in a while, something would freeze my iPhone 4 and I would have to turn off the phone and restart.

I deleted a bunch of photos and it's worked fine since.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Never froze completely. The odd bout of lag or an application crash maybe, but never an all out freeze. I tend to stay away from 3rd party keyboards though, so that might be the difference for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh