Couple of iPhone 6 Questions

sdc1

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm a long time android user although I had a brief dalliance with an iPhone 5 at launch. My current phone is a Nexus 6 which I have some issues with, the camera and battery mostly.

I've decided to switch to iOS and will be buying an iPhone 6 64gb this week either through my network or the Apple store. I have a couple of questions though which I hope you nice folks can answer.

I have a lot of music on Google Play Music, is there any way to sync this to an iPhone? I know I can download the Google Play Music app but if in making the switch is rather have it synced with iTunes.

When you buy an iPhone from a carrier does it have a carrier boot screen logo, etc? My network is O2 UK. I'd rather not have my phone branded.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Last edited:

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No carrier logo. No iPhones are branded like Android. As for Google Play music I think you can sync all the music to iTunes. I use Google Play app instead cause it's free and I just download my Playlist to my device that use the most. I can Cast to Chromecast within the app or even AirPlay it also to my Apple TV. Beauty of both :)

Also I said Google Music is free because if you want to keep music in the cloud ITunes Match costs money each year. I think $27 CDN I paid. If you keep all your music on the device then it's no issue

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a lot of music on Google Play because it syncs with music I add to iTunes on my iMac and MBP. I use the app on my phone for the music! To answer your question, you can download the music from Google Play online and add it to iTunes to put onto your phone if that's what you're trying to do.

Also, no carrier will ever have branding on an iPhone.

sdc1

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, that's pretty much what I was hoping to hear. I've just been out for a look and think I'd prefer the 6 Plus.

Now to return the Nexus 6 and make my decision.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, that's pretty much what I was hoping to hear. I've just been out for a look and think I'd prefer the 6 Plus.

Now to return the Nexus 6 and make my decision.

Please note that if one-handed use is important to you, stick with getting the 64 GB iPhone 6. In my personal opinion, it is the best iPhone size to date and it feel great in the hand. Having said that, I opted for the 64 GB iPhone 6 Plus with no regrets. The phone is a beast, and I've long since gotten use to its larger size, but it can be awkward at times when trying to use it with one hand. I think it's more of a balance issue than anything else. Anyway, just food for thought...;)

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Enjoy the new iPhone 6. It truly is an amazing phone, and once you get it, I think you'll like it :)

sdc1

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I was in a similar situation, and I was able to dump all my Google Play tunes to iTunes via my PC.
Big relief.

It's a huge consideration when you have so much money tied up, it's great to know that it's possible to do this.

Enjoy the new iPhone 6. It truly is an amazing phone, and once you get it, I think you'll like it :)

Thanks, I'm ordering today from my network. It's pretty exciting actually, I can't wait to get back to Apple now.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm a long time android user although I had a brief dalliance with an iPhone 5 at launch. My current phone is a Nexus 6 which I have some issues with, the camera and battery mostly.

I've decided to switch to iOS and will be buying an iPhone 6 64gb this week either through my network or the Apple store. I have a couple of questions though which I hope you nice folks can answer.

I have a lot of music on Google Play Music, is there any way to sync this to an iPhone? I know I can download the Google Play Music app but if in making the switch is rather have it synced with iTunes.

When you buy an iPhone from a carrier does it have a carrier boot screen logo, etc? My network is O2 UK. I'd rather not have my phone branded.

Thanks in advance.

No logo or branding. And most likely use the google app for music, unless you have the songs downloaded on a computer, if you bought through google music you won't be able to get them into iTunes.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2