Okay I am having major issues with my iPhone 6 which has been replace 3 times as of today and still having drop calls, my able to backup to my iCloud. So a tech support from T-Mobile subject maybe I should do a jump upgrade to a different phone. So I'm wondering if I will have to same issue on a T-Mobile iPhone 6 plus? I living in Arlington Tx and the service in my house sucks and I am only getting one bar on my wifi connection. Any subjection as to what different phone I should try. I love apple and I don't care to much for android devices. What other can compare to Apple iPhone 6 or better?
    01-23-2015 06:48 PM
    Nothing wrong with the phone. Its T-Mobile and probably your wifi connection. Try putting the router in a place near the center of your house.
    tlo07 likes this.
    01-23-2015 07:54 PM
    Yeah I don't think it's the phone. What's the odds of you getting 3 bad iPhones in a row. I think your server sucks
    01-23-2015 08:28 PM
    Move or change your wifi router.
    Since you only get 1 bar of T-Mobile reception see if you can get them to give you one of those "mini-cell tower" things that hooks into your router and gives you a better cell signal.
    01-23-2015 08:35 PM
    Have you always had poor service at your house with older devices before buying the iPhone 6?

Do you have poor WiFi reception with other devices in your house besides your iPhone?

Is there a reason why you're still using Tmobile if their service is subpar in your area?

Is there a reason why you haven't addressed your obvious network issues before exchanging iPhones over and over again for no reason?
    01-23-2015 08:59 PM
    It could be an issue with VoLTE try turning it off in settings you may need a carrier update to correct the issue, I'm on AT&T and until I got carrier update 18.1 I had lots of issues, in settings go to LTE set it to data only.
    Last edited by kevin999#AC; 01-23-2015 at 09:23 PM. Reason: typo
    01-23-2015 09:19 PM
    There was a issue with my wifi I receive a new modem however my nephew has the iPhone 5c with ATT and he only gets one bar as well. So i know that's it's a signal issue in my house I have come to that conclusion. However when I'm away from home I still have a lot of drop calls. Out of 296 callas 30 of them drop. A master ticket was open in late part of December because a lot of customer was having the same issues with the iPhone 6. I have LTE data only.
    01-23-2015 09:52 PM
    I have drop 7 callas just today alone and this is on the replacement phone. Not in my home area!
    01-23-2015 09:53 PM
    I have drop 7 callas just today alone and this is on the replacement phone. Not in my home area!
    That's most likely the carrier's fault, not the iPhone. Check the T-Mobile coverage map for the areas where you've had dropped calls. T-Mobile isn't known for its coverage.
    01-23-2015 11:15 PM
    Keep LTE off for calls. I had the same exact dropped call issue with T-Mobile and I'm in full bars. Also, if you've got a SIM from a different iPhone (5, 5c, 5s), swap it out for a new one. Don't know how that helped but the combination of both and I haven't dropped one call since.
    01-24-2015 07:37 AM
    Call T-Mobile or go to your nearest location and pick up one of our LTE signal boosters. They use the outside signal and amplify it a few times over inside your home. Alternatively, a CellSpot router (which we also provide for free) might work as well. I have one in my home, and it has not only been beneficial for my calls/texts at home (through WiFi using an iPhone 6) but it has made my in-home WiFi signal 2-3 times better. It's essentially a $200 router that we're giving you for free. It beats the heck out of the stock router provided by Comcast. Take advantage!

Good luck!

(I'm a T-Mo Store Manager by the way, thus why I keep saying "we" Lol)
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    01-24-2015 10:15 AM
    There was a issue with my wifi I receive a new modem however my nephew has the iPhone 5c with ATT and he only gets one bar as well. So i know that's it's a signal issue in my house I have come to that conclusion. However when I'm away from home I still have a lot of drop calls. Out of 296 callas 30 of them drop. A master ticket was open in late part of December because a lot of customer was having the same issues with the iPhone 6. I have LTE data only.
    So do you live in an area with reception problems with Tmobile?

Have you had reception problems on previous devices before switching to the iPhone 6?

...I'm really quite confused as to why you continue to think it's the device and not your location. Maybe Tmobile and AT&T are not good carriers in your area...have you checked to see how Verizon performs? Do you live in a really rural area?

There are so many things that you haven't addressed that have nothing to do with your devices themselves. At my in laws cabin (which is in an extremely rural part of the mountain of Georgia), AT&T gets poor LTE reception, but decent 4G connection...my phone almost ALWAYS switches to 4G while we are there, and while the speed certainly is slower, it still works. What you're doing would be like me switching out iPhones to try and get them to connect to LTE at the cabin...makes no sense.
    01-24-2015 01:32 PM
    You can upgrade. But, it's an act of futility. You've already identified the problem. The coverage in your area is terrible. Changing devices won't fix the coverage. Adding the router to your home will provide a bandaide, at best.

If your finger was bleeding, would you continue to bandage your toe? If not, why do you think it makes sense to use the same troubleshooting techniques to your phone?
    01-24-2015 05:20 PM
    Thank for the infor I already have the T Mobile wifi router which hasn't boost my signal at all. However I did get a new modem from Time Warner so I might just plug it back up again. Didn't know any about the LTE signal booster
    01-24-2015 05:51 PM
    So do you live in an area with reception problems with Tmobile?

Have you had reception problems on previous devices before switching to the iPhone 6?

...I'm really quite confused as to why you continue to think it's the device and not your location. Maybe Tmobile and AT&T are not good carriers in your area...have you checked to see how Verizon performs? Do you live in a really rural area?

There are so many things that you haven't addressed that have nothing to do with your devices themselves. At my in laws cabin (which is in an extremely rural part of the mountain of Georgia), AT&T gets poor LTE reception, but decent 4G connection...my phone almost ALWAYS switches to 4G while we are there, and while the speed certainly is slower, it still works. What you're doing would be like me switching out iPhones to try and get them to connect to LTE at the cabin...makes no sense.
    01-24-2015 05:51 PM
    Yes I have had problems with the IPhone 5, 5s and the LG G 2 which is why I upgrade to the IPhone 6 but neither one of them devices wasn't this bad as my iPhone 6. I'm getting callas everywhere not just my home area. That's a problem that I wasn't having on the other devices in the past. I have had the signal booster which I return and got the wifi router which hasn't made things any better because it look like my internet service keep drop packets which is what causing the wifi calls to drop as well.
    01-24-2015 05:54 PM
    T-Mobile has LTE and 4g in my area its when I get inside the apartment complex where everything goes wrong. I go from 4 bar of LTE OR 4g down to one bar as soon as I pull into my apartment complex.
    01-24-2015 05:57 PM
    Seems like a network issue, not phone. Some other phone may get better reception, but iPhones don't have the best reception. Seems like you may need to get a network extender from tmo or switch carriers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-24-2015 11:59 PM
    T-Mobile has LTE and 4g in my area its when I get inside the apartment complex where everything goes wrong. I go from 4 bar of LTE OR 4g down to one bar as soon as I pull into my apartment complex.
    Replacing your devices is not going to fix this...you are experiencing a carrier network issue. You need to switch service or just learn to deal with it.
    01-25-2015 04:38 PM
    Replacing your devices is not going to fix this...you are experiencing a carrier network issue. You need to switch service or just learn to deal with it.
    It's kind of weird though. While my 5c didn't have signal in certain areas and the 6 does, I still drop more calls with the 6.

It's really weird. Perhaps it's the way the new antennae bands are situated in the phone?

Had two really defective units prior, I definitely wouldn't try for another 6 over this though.
    01-25-2015 05:23 PM
    It's kind of weird though. While my 5c didn't have signal in certain areas and the 6 does, I still drop more calls with the 6.

It's really weird. Perhaps it's the way the new antennae bands are situated in the phone?

Had two really defective units prior, I definitely wouldn't try for another 6 over this though.
    If the OP had not reported all the network issues that were previously experienced, sure...we could start talking about hardware design and the possibility the device simply isn't up to snuff for the signal she needs in her area. In this case though, we're talking about a person who continues to use Tmobile even with poor network service in her area for whatever reason...but for some reason feels returning the device 3 times is going to magically fix the problem.
    01-25-2015 05:35 PM
    Actually I am seeing or should I say reading other people post about IPhone 6 having issue with drop calls. However going to a different still might not fix the issue. As to say it's a carrier issue or network any other carrier might not have good network in this area so me going somewhere might result in me still having the same issue. There many problems with the IOS 8 and this might be a phone issue if I'm not the only whose having the same issue with drop calls. I didn't have no issue with drop calls in my android device nor my iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s so just maybe it might be a phone issue.
    01-25-2015 10:37 PM
    Actually I am seeing or should I say reading other people post about IPhone 6 having issue with drop calls. However going to a different still might not fix the issue. As to say it's a carrier issue or network any other carrier might not have good network in this area so me going somewhere might result in me still having the same issue. There many problems with the IOS 8 and this might be a phone issue if I'm not the only whose having the same issue with drop calls. I didn't have no issue with drop calls in my android device nor my iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s so just maybe it might be a phone issue.
    It's not a phone issue. The iPhone doesn't have a reception problem...nor is there anything related to iOS 8 that would even be relevant to your situation. You have a network issue...and not only that, but you don't even remember what you posted only a few hours ago...where you said you were having problems with the other devices so you upgraded...and now you're saying you didn't have issues with them? Which is it?

Bottom line, no amount of trading your phone in is going to fix a problem with the carriers network...your options are simple...switch carriers, move or go back to one of those devices you supposedly did or did not have reception problems with (since your own story has bounced all over the place).

Truth be told, in my experience and my wife's experience, we're getting BETTER reception with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. In areas where there were reception "holes" around Atlanta and previous models would lose reception or have reception degradation, the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have been flawless.

Will everyone have the same experience? Certainly not...but if there was a true reception PROBLEM with the hardware itself, you'd see MASSIVE reports of the issue, and Apple would have addressed it. Instead, you are reading people who are having spotty reception issues with their specific carrier network, and like you, want to blame the device instead of considering a change that might actually work.

I mean you can keep thinking it's the phone and trade it in 100 more times...it's not wasting anyone's time but your own. We're simply trying to guide you with some logic, but hey...logic isn't for everyone I suppose.
    01-26-2015 01:20 AM
    I'm sorry but your not in Dallas TX so oh course your not having issues but other people are.
    01-26-2015 08:56 AM
    I'm not blaming the devices I have spoken to several different people whose on TMobile network that's not in my area and is having the same issue with the IPhone 6 so yes it just might be the phone If other people is having the same issue. Your just having any issues wonderful. However u don't say I need logic and I don't want hear that's not the case. Apple needs address a whole lot of issues with the IOS 8 period.
    01-26-2015 09:01 AM
29 12