All,

I hate advertisement on an App I use a lot (some I don't). Either try to get me to buy or vote or protest on something I dont want or believe in.

I always end up purchased the non-advertisement (most of the time pro version (I dont even use)). I have never regret it.

I even purchased the same app on my iPhone 6 for my iPad M3.

At times I do it as a way to show my appreciation to the developers.

A.B.
    01-22-2015 12:13 PM
    I'll try an app with Ads... if I like the app, I'll spring for an ad-free option if available... if not, I'll might put up with the ads, or just ditch the app.
    AB Lambert and DarlaMack like this.
    01-22-2015 12:21 PM
    I pay for apps whenever I feel they are worthwhile paying for. That includes a paid app upfront or an in app purchase to remove ads. I've collected well over 1000 apps since I got my first iPhone in 2007 and iPad in 2010. Can't really say how much I've paid over the years, but it worth it. The developers need support to keep creating fun or productive apps.
    01-22-2015 12:29 PM
    I have also paid upfront for an app, but I have gotten nervous about it (even if it was .99). It is easier now with iTunes new return policy.

A.B.
    01-22-2015 12:33 PM
    Yes, I pay and have paid for many of the apps I use and have used. Having said that, I try to steer clear of apps that have too many or in your face type ads. I can't stand that, and Zynga games are, or at least were, a prime example of it. I won't even consider installing another game from them.
    AB Lambert likes this.
    01-22-2015 12:38 PM
    Sure. If I want an app and it's got an option for no ads you bet.
    Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
    01-22-2015 12:49 PM
    Sure. If I want an app and it's got an option for no ads you bet.
    Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
    Agreed, but I have friends that believe it is a sucker who pays. I have a lot of friends who believe that.

A.B.
    01-22-2015 01:08 PM
    I'll try an app with Ads... if I like the app, I'll spring for an ad-free option if available... if not, I'll might put up with the ads, or just ditch the app.
    That's pretty much exactly me. It totally depends on how intrusive the ads are.

I've ditched some games and apps where the dev keeps shoving the IAP function down my throat every few minutes too.
    AB Lambert likes this.
    01-22-2015 01:27 PM
    If I like the app I buy it!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    AB Lambert likes this.
    01-22-2015 01:43 PM
    Agreed, but I have friends that believe it is a sucker who pays. I have a lot of friends who believe that.

A.B.
    Yah I don't get that. If I like something I buy it. Same for apps. I don't think that's being a sucker. That's putting a tangible value on someone's work.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    sting7k, cwbcpa and AB Lambert like this.
    01-22-2015 01:46 PM

A.B.
    These are the same types of people that would complain if a developer doesn't keep up to date with the app they don't want to pay for. That makes zero sense to me.

If an app is good I will gladly pay for a developers hard work. If they are obnoxious though, I will delete the app in a heartbeat. I do not like being harassed into buying anything. I don't see that very often though. At least not the apps I use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-22-2015 01:51 PM
    Most of my apps are paid apps. I have a few free ones I use mostly as a utility app. Like others, I'll try a free version first if there is one. If it has one banner ad that's non intrusive, I may keep it. For example, speedtest.net is still a free version. The ad is not intrusive. Most are paid or don't have a paid version.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    01-22-2015 07:19 PM
    I buy paid to support the developer. If they make money hopefully they make better apps.
    AB Lambert likes this.
    01-22-2015 07:58 PM

A.B.
    Lol... I know people that believe all apps should be free. If I like an app and it's useful to me I'll pay for it.
    AB Lambert likes this.
    01-22-2015 08:42 PM
    I pay for apps whenever I feel they are worthwhile paying for. That includes a paid app upfront or an in app purchase to remove ads. I've collected well over 1000 apps since I got my first iPhone in 2007 and iPad in 2010. Can't really say how much I've paid over the years, but it worth it. The developers need support to keep creating fun or productive apps.
    My answer as well!
    AB Lambert likes this.
    01-22-2015 08:58 PM
    All,

I hate advertisement on an App I use a lot (some I don't). Either try to get me to buy or vote or protest on something I don’t want or believe in.

I always end up purchased the non-advertisement (most of the time pro version (I don’t even use)). I have never regret it.

I even purchased the same app on my iPhone 6 for my iPad M3.

At times I do it as a way to show my appreciation to the developers.

A.B.
    Yes, I have many paid apps. No regrets. I don't mind paying for quality things that I enjoy using. I will even pay to remove ads if it's an app I use a lot and they offer that.
    Last edited by sting7k; 01-22-2015 at 10:46 PM.
    AB Lambert likes this.
    01-22-2015 09:33 PM
    I pay for a lot of games, but not apps very often. I tend to use the free version of apps, but if the iMore Forums app had a paid version, I would pay for it *wink wink*
    AB Lambert likes this.
    01-22-2015 10:32 PM
    I pay for a lot of games, but not apps very often. I tend to use the free version of apps, but if the iMore Forums app had a paid version, I would pay for it *wink wink*
    I bought a whole a bunch of games the first 2-3 years of the App Store. But now I don't really buy or download any new ones. I just play Tetris and Temple Run.
    AB Lambert likes this.
    01-22-2015 10:46 PM
    Most of my apps are paid apps. I have a few free ones I use mostly as a utility app. Like others, I'll try a free version first if there is one. If it has one banner ad that's non intrusive, I may keep it. For example, speedtest.net is still a free version. The ad is not intrusive. Most are paid or don't have a paid version.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    I'm pretty much the same... if the ad isn't intrusive or obstructive in how the app is used... i.e. strategicall putting the banner in a place that you could accidentally click on while using functions of the app, then I'll keep it. But if its an app that I know that I'll get daily usage of I usually just go for the in-app upgrade or purchase the full version.
    01-23-2015 01:49 PM
    I am the same as most of posters in this thread. I have no problem paying for an app to get rid of the advertisements and to support the developer.
    AB Lambert likes this.
    01-23-2015 03:57 PM
    I bought a whole a bunch of games the first 2-3 years of the App Store. But now I don't really buy or download any new ones. I just play Tetris and Temple Run.
    I don't purchase a lot of games like I used to, but I usually buy the new Modern Combat, FIFA, or NBA 2K games when they come out.
    AB Lambert likes this.
    01-23-2015 04:15 PM
    I mostly make the in-app purchase if it's an app I often use to get rid of the ads. Especially when it's an app that involves step-by-step interaction and has video ads between each.

A recent example of this is one of those Pic Collage apps that I often use to put together things for Instagram/Facebook pics for an e-commerce website I launched recently. I can't tell you how much impatience I have to wait for a 15 second ad to finish so I can finally export the collage out of the app. It was worth the 2 bucks
    AB Lambert likes this.
    01-23-2015 05:30 PM
    I only pay for paid apps. I've only paid to get "premium" or remove apps from Smash Hit and Speedtest. I haven't got an IAP for any other app since they either don't have ads, don't have the option to remove them, I don't mind them because I barely use the app or they aren't obtrusive.
    AB Lambert likes this.
    01-23-2015 05:49 PM
    Ding. Ding. Ding. Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

I pay for many of the apps that I use, but then, I only keep/use the apps that are worthwhile. I have 362 apps on my Mac now, and probably have deleted that many, too.
    AB Lambert likes this.
    01-23-2015 07:31 PM
    I have a lot of both paid and free apps on my phone. What I normally do is pick up an iTunes card when they go on sale around the holidays and then put it on my account. If I find an app that I want or one that goes on sale, I'll buy it with the credit. That way I'm still getting a deal because I didn't pay full price for the iTunes card. Win-Win!
    AB Lambert likes this.
    01-23-2015 11:45 PM
38 12