Do you actually pay for any of your Apps?

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
All,

I hate advertisement on an App I use a lot (some I don't). Either try to get me to buy or vote or protest on something I don?t want or believe in.

I always end up purchased the non-advertisement (most of the time pro version (I don?t even use)). I have never regret it.

I even purchased the same app on my iPhone 6 for my iPad M3.

At times I do it as a way to show my appreciation to the developers.

A.B.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'll try an app with Ads... if I like the app, I'll spring for an ad-free option if available... if not, I'll might put up with the ads, or just ditch the app.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I have also paid upfront for an app, but I have gotten nervous about it (even if it was .99). It is easier now with iTunes new return policy.

A.B.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I pay and have paid for many of the apps I use and have used. Having said that, I try to steer clear of apps that have too many or in your face type ads. I can't stand that, and Zynga games are, or at least were, a prime example of it. I won't even consider installing another game from them.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Sure. If I want an app and it's got an option for no ads you bet.
Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'll try an app with Ads... if I like the app, I'll spring for an ad-free option if available... if not, I'll might put up with the ads, or just ditch the app.

That's pretty much exactly me. It totally depends on how intrusive the ads are.

I've ditched some games and apps where the dev keeps shoving the IAP function down my throat every few minutes too.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, but I have friends that believe it is a sucker who pays. I have a lot of friends who believe that.

A.B.

Yah I don't get that. If I like something I buy it. Same for apps. I don't think that's being a sucker. That's putting a tangible value on someone's work.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, but I have friends that believe it is a sucker who pays. I have a lot of friends who believe that.

A.B.

These are the same types of people that would complain if a developer doesn't keep up to date with the app they don't want to pay for. That makes zero sense to me.

If an app is good I will gladly pay for a developers hard work. If they are obnoxious though, I will delete the app in a heartbeat. I do not like being harassed into buying anything. I don't see that very often though. At least not the apps I use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Most of my apps are paid apps. I have a few free ones I use mostly as a utility app. Like others, I'll try a free version first if there is one. If it has one banner ad that's non intrusive, I may keep it. For example, speedtest.net is still a free version. The ad is not intrusive. Most are paid or don't have a paid version.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I pay for apps whenever I feel they are worthwhile paying for. That includes a paid app upfront or an in app purchase to remove ads. I've collected well over 1000 apps since I got my first iPhone in 2007 and iPad in 2010. Can't really say how much I've paid over the years, but it worth it. The developers need support to keep creating fun or productive apps.
My answer as well!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
All,

I hate advertisement on an App I use a lot (some I don't). Either try to get me to buy or vote or protest on something I don’t want or believe in.

I always end up purchased the non-advertisement (most of the time pro version (I don’t even use)). I have never regret it.

I even purchased the same app on my iPhone 6 for my iPad M3.

At times I do it as a way to show my appreciation to the developers.

A.B.

Yes, I have many paid apps. No regrets. I don't mind paying for quality things that I enjoy using. I will even pay to remove ads if it's an app I use a lot and they offer that.

Last edited:

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I pay for a lot of games, but not apps very often. I tend to use the free version of apps, but if the iMore Forums app had a paid version, I would pay for it *wink wink* :)

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I pay for a lot of games, but not apps very often. I tend to use the free version of apps, but if the iMore Forums app had a paid version, I would pay for it *wink wink* :)

I bought a whole a bunch of games the first 2-3 years of the App Store. But now I don't really buy or download any new ones. I just play Tetris and Temple Run.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Most of my apps are paid apps. I have a few free ones I use mostly as a utility app. Like others, I'll try a free version first if there is one. If it has one banner ad that's non intrusive, I may keep it. For example, speedtest.net is still a free version. The ad is not intrusive. Most are paid or don't have a paid version.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

I'm pretty much the same... if the ad isn't intrusive or obstructive in how the app is used... i.e. strategicall putting the banner in a place that you could accidentally click on while using functions of the app, then I'll keep it. But if its an app that I know that I'll get daily usage of I usually just go for the in-app upgrade or purchase the full version.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I am the same as most of posters in this thread. I have no problem paying for an app to get rid of the advertisements and to support the developer.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I bought a whole a bunch of games the first 2-3 years of the App Store. But now I don't really buy or download any new ones. I just play Tetris and Temple Run.

I don't purchase a lot of games like I used to, but I usually buy the new Modern Combat, FIFA, or NBA 2K games when they come out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR