My IPhone Just Bricked

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello I own a 64 gb 6 I purchased it on the first day of the release. The phone just now totally locked up froze. I can't get any response when I try to restart it does nothing there is nothing visible on the screen. The only life that it shows is accessing Siri the screen is totally non responsive, when I plug in the charger nothing comes up on the screen. Any thoughts would be appreciated. The phone is currently running the latest updates.

Tia

Dregs

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's a consumer product, sometimes you just get a bad...apple... (no pun intended).

Take it back and take advantage of something else you paid for...the top notch Apple customer service experience.

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It rebooted holding both buttons again this has not happen before. Would it still make sense to bring it to the genius bar?

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
It happened to me two weeks ago. I tried turning on the screen but then realised it had shut down. Tried turning it on, nothing happened. Plugging in the charger didn't show anything either. I did a hard reset by holding down the two buttons and it turned back on.

Been running fine since. :raised-eyebrow:

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
This has happened with one of the older iPads my family has owned. I've had to hard reset it twice, but I haven't had any problems since then.

dimitrist

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
did you even have a computer lock up on you and you had to reboot?
Same thing with the phone, it happens once in a while, not a bid deal, I wouldn't worry about it.
Just keep an eye on it, you have a year to take it back.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Ive also experienced this on a coupe occasions with my 5s. The hard reset always brings it back. I haven't had to do it for a couple months now so my thought is it was just a hiccup somewhere in a program or iOS itself. Who knows. Sometimes these devices, just like people need a slap upside the head to get them to think straight again. ;)

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I've experienced this with my old iPhone 5, and it was usable until I got my Plus. My mother-in-law also had this happen to her 4S, and she still was able to use it with little problems here and there. I think this is a common happening with any smartphone out there and it's best not to worry unless it happens often. In which case I'd make an appointment.

Last edited:

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello I own a 64 gb 6 I purchased it on the first day of the release. The phone just now totally locked up froze. I can't get any response when I try to restart it does nothing there is nothing visible on the screen. The only life that it shows is accessing Siri the screen is totally non responsive, when I plug in the charger nothing comes up on the screen. Any thoughts would be appreciated. The phone is currently running the latest updates.

Tia

Dregs

If it connects to itunes, something similar to my Mum's 5c could have happened.
http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5c/311798-screen-flickering-my-iphone-5c.html

To update on my phone, Apple Service kept it under observation after resetting it to factory settings and the phone was fine.I have yet to get a SOS call from my Mum.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2