Mophie Juice Pack Plus vs Otterbox Resurgence

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Howdy All!

I had a Mophie for my 5S and it really came in handy (especially when I had extremely long/busy days, concerts, vacation, etc). I like the gray/white color of the Resurgence a little more than the Mophie (that really the only reason I'm considering it). Just looking for some feedback from battery case users - which of these 2 is your favorite (or maybe there something even better out there that I'm missing)? Any responses are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered the Mophie for my 6 Plus. Unknown your talking about the 6 but I have always had them and always will. They have great customer service and have never caused an issue with my phone.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback, gentlemen! I had an issue with my Mophie for my 5S (when the case got low, it would flip back and forth between charging and not) - I was able to switch it out at Verizon and never had another issue with it after that. Has anyone had the Resurgence?

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I had a mophie with my iPhone 4, 5 and 5s... Now I have the i6 and purchased the ZVoltz battery case from Amazon. It's thin - there is no "bulge" in the back of the case. It's a bit heavy (but so was the mophie). It charges my phone from 3% to 100% and still has enough battery left to charge it back up a second time. And it was only $42.99!!

MDsmartphone

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I've used the unu dx5 for my iPhone 5s and my wife had a mophie for her 5s. Mine was more reliable. Mophie is very expensive compared to the rest.

For the 6 I've used the UNU dx6 but it's not a good product this time around. I am currently using the moko case which is the same as the alpatronic/zvoltz/trianium etc seen on amazon. It's pretty good esp for the price but doesn't offer great drop protection.

Unu has now released a new product for the 6 with a smaller battery but better drop protection.

I too have looked at the resurgence but since it's just been released there aren't too many reviews just yet. However it has a smaller battery than any of the above I mentioned including the smaller mophie. So it looks like you are paying for the name and probably the best protection of all the battery cases thus far.

In my experience the mophie is the most well known but they break pretty easily and it's quite expensive compared to other battery cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Got my Mophie in and give no complaints. Love it.

Thanks for the replies all! Much appreciated! I've had Mophies in the past and have never had a problem with them breaking. This time around it seems like they really focused on protection.

Zero, which one did you go with? The Juice Pack or the Juice Pack Plus? As soon as these are available at Best Buy, I'm getting one!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the 6 plus so they only have one model. But they're basically the same. I love the fact that the top is now the part that comes off, the bottom is solid.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have the 6 plus so they only have one model. But they're basically the same. I love the fact that the top is now the part that comes off, the bottom is solid.

I couldn't imagine using a Juice Pack Plus if they made one of the Plus. The juice pack is as big as it is.

Having been using this now I'm also pleased with the top being the smaller piece. The only complaint I have is that I think it moves around sometimes which for whatever reason makes the phone discharge and start charging again. Unless I just have a defective device.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't imagine using a Juice Pack Plus if they made one of the Plus. The juice pack is as big as it is.

Having been using this now I'm also pleased with the top being the smaller piece. The only complaint I have is that I think it moves around sometimes which for whatever reason makes the phone discharge and start charging again. Unless I just have a defective device.

That may be. I haven't had an issue with it moving. Mine actually seems pretty tight fitting.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Do you remove it in a daily basis. I had that issue with my 5S. I kept taking it on and off and wore out the tabs on the piece keeping it locked in place. Not that it should happen that quickly.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Do you remove it in a daily basis. I had that issue with my 5S. I kept taking it on and off and wore out the tabs on the piece keeping it locked in place. Not that it should happen that quickly.

I've only used it probably about 5 times so far. I do remove it each time. No way I can have it on all the time lol

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I hear ya. I'm actually using it all week. I wanna see how info with it on the phone for a whole week.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well Best Buy has Mophies on their site and locally in a store near my house. Picking up the Plus after work today. Really looking forward to the added battery power!

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Never heard of them. And for me it's always been you get wavy you pay for. I had an issue with my Mophie and they sent me a new one. No questions asked.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Not a fan of ZeroLemon. They are a good value but they look like a giant brick. Loving the Mophie. Can't wait to see how it fairs tomorrow.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Not a fan of ZeroLemon. They are a good value but they look like a giant brick. Loving the Mophie. Can't wait to see how it fairs tomorrow.

Let us know. I can get a day and a half to two days from my 6 Plus depending on the use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2