SOLVED!

I have tried that method yet, but I found that I have to create a static IP per device to download properly.

I do have my desktop as static but not any wifi devices.

I never had to do that before but it is a simple fix and now my devices update at the fastest possible speeds.
    Last edited by Klinton Kacatin; 11-17-2015 at 03:55 AM.
    08-26-2015 11:13 PM
    Found this solution elsewhere, this fixed it for me:

Close your iTunes,
    Go to command Prompt -

(Win 7/Vista) - START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES, right mouse click "Command Prompt", choose "Run as Administrator".

(Win XP SP2 & above) - START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/Command Prompt

In the "Command Prompt" screen, type in

netsh winsock reset

Hit "ENTER" key
    Restart your computer.
    If you do get a prompt after restart windows to remap LSP, just click NO.

Now launch your iTunes and see if it is working now.

If you are still having these type of problems after trying the winsock reset, refer to this article to identify which software in your system is inserting LSP:

iTunes 10.5 for Windows: May see performance issues and blank iTunes Store
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4123?viewlocale=en_US
    08-28-2015 11:16 AM
    I've had no problems downloading from the App Store.
    08-28-2015 08:44 PM
    I had a similar problem. Apple Music streaming stuttered, and new apps from he App Store took 10 - 20 minutes to download and install. My internet connection worked fine for other things - Netflix ran totally fine. This anomaly only seemed to happen at my parents' house.

I found a solution here: discussions dot apple dot com thread #7177259.

The solution was to change the DNS from AT&T to OpenDNS. AT&T prevents modifying the DNS on their UVERSE modem/router, so I changed the DNS on the iPad.

Settings > Wi-Fi > tap the "i" icon next to the your wifi and change the DNS to OpenDNS. There are clearer instructions on their website, but I can't post links because this is my first post
    08-29-2015 11:13 PM
    my apps only update when i restart the phone.

apple music and app store has been buggy.

i hard reset the phone and it keeps staying as 8.4.1 this os is buggy as hell and i wanna go back a few updates
    09-01-2015 12:50 PM
    my apps only update when i restart the phone.

apple music and app store has been buggy.

i hard reset the phone and it keeps staying as 8.4.1 this os is buggy as hell and i wanna go back a few updates
    Same here. I can't download or update apps at all unless I reboot my phone. Apple Music and App Store are extremely buggy with v8.4.1. Safari also just will stop loading pages for no reason.
    09-01-2015 01:00 PM
    Same here. I can't download or update apps at all unless I reboot my phone. Apple Music and App Store are extremely buggy with v8.4.1. Safari also just will stop loading pages for no reason.
    glad to see i'm not the only one.

i'm getting the same thing with safari lol.

first time i've ever had trouble with an apple phone. apple music just works sometimes now. most of the time it doesn't evne play LOL
    09-01-2015 03:18 PM
    I was googling trying to solve a problem that sounds to me like a mystery. It's exactly the same you've described here. I'm in Italy, my Internet connection is super fast and it woks perfectly on all sites and online services.
    It seems that I have download problems with Mac App Store and iTunes App Store only.
    It could be great to have some hints from you. Have you fix it?
    09-20-2015 12:01 PM
    I had the same issue; I would attempt to update or download apps and it would just sit there and not load a darn thing... Searched the Internet with not much luck. Ended up doing a hard reset (holding down power and home button at the same time until phone shuts off) and that fixed it for me. Hope this helps, good luck!
    09-21-2015 02:38 PM
    They'll iron all this out soon.
    09-21-2015 03:46 PM
    For me it was a provider issue, they've fixed it in five days. Now the downloads are going at a normal speed.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    09-21-2015 11:48 PM
    My issue was slightly different than some of you I believe. I was using a speedtest and getting 100+ mbps, but when I was trying to download apps from the app store it was taking 10 minutes for a small app update. I fixed it very easily. Open settings and go to Wifi. Then select the "i" next to your wifi connection. under the preselected DHCP section go down to where it says DNS. Change this to 8.8.8.8 (Google's developers DNS server). Like magic all of my App updates went back to normal and everything is speedy again. Weird because a few days ago my updates never had a problem and I've been using the same phone for a year on the same version of iOS.
    09-29-2015 01:08 PM
    They'll iron all this out soon.
    It's November and the iron is not hot yet...
    11-17-2015 02:10 AM
    My issue was slightly different than some of you I believe. I was using a speedtest and getting 100+ mbps, but when I was trying to download apps from the app store it was taking 10 minutes for a small app update. I fixed it very easily. Open settings and go to Wifi. Then select the "i" next to your wifi connection. under the preselected DHCP section go down to where it says DNS. Change this to 8.8.8.8 (Google's developers DNS server). Like magic all of my App updates went back to normal and everything is speedy again. Weird because a few days ago my updates never had a problem and I've been using the same phone for a year on the same version of iOS.
    Tried that, not working...
    11-17-2015 02:13 AM
    I've noticed a couple things about connectivity in iOS.

First off, here's my setup:
    Comcast cable / tel modem (I think my service is 50 down / 10up)
    Linksys WRT1900AC h/w version 1. Latest firmware.
    iPhone 6 (9.x beta) iPhone 6s Plus (9.1 release)

I have 2 separate wireless networks on my router. One is the 2.4GHz network and the other is 5GHz.

I've noticed that while connected to the 2.4GHz network, iTunes / App Store downloads crawl in comparison to when connected to the 5GHz network. I can download an entire album in Apple Music is seconds while using the 5GHz network, compared to minutes while on 2.4GHz. I am able to reproduce this on my 6 and 6s Plus.

Using the speedtest.net app, download speed is about 10-15mbps on 2.4GHz and 25-35mbps on 5GHz. Again, I am able to reproduce this on the 6 and 6s Plus.
    11-18-2015 01:20 PM
    Just want to chime in that App Store downloads are still hit or miss for me. Apple's services are not the most reliable IMHO. I've had iMessage also falling back to SMS frequently in the past week. This is happening on my iPhone 5 and 6 both running iOS 9.1. Internet connection type does not seem to matter.
    11-19-2015 03:01 PM
    Hi, I've been having the same problem. I have the same service as you and my router is right next to me. But, it's taking so long. I have my iPad to close in 10 mins. Sometimes it takes so long my iPad ends up closing. I also don't have a home computer to hook up my iPad to reset. Do you any suggestions? Thank you so much.
    12-29-2015 08:00 AM
    Hi, do I have to have a home computer to do this? My App Store is taking forever to download apps & to even open the App Store. I have a ipad3 up to date. Also, can I do a static IP address just on the iPad? If so, how do I do that? Thanks
    12-29-2015 08:09 AM
    Hi, do I have to have a home computer to do this? My App Store is taking forever to download apps & to even open the App Store. I have a ipad3 up to date. Also, can I do a static IP address just on the iPad? If so, how do I do that? Thanks
    I don't think you can change your IP address just for a specific device.
    Try Reset Network Settings first.
    Reset Network Settings Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.

Do you have any other Apple devices? Have any other Apple devices on your wifi had the same issues? Or is it just the one device?
    12-29-2015 08:17 AM
    I have the same problem I really wish it would stop doing this
    04-06-2016 07:29 PM
    You can downgrade your phone (update it backwards) by using Cyril a jailbrake will be required
    04-06-2016 07:31 PM
46 12