iPhone 6 FaceTime camera slipped off center

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I have had the iPhone 6 since launch day and only had it replaced a couple months ago due to the backlight issue causing the screen to light up uneven. Anyways I woke up this morning and noticed my FaceTime camera had slipped off center and it shows like a slight crescent moon shape when looking at the camera lens. I have seen other people have this issue with the iPhone 6 but I was wondering if anyone on iMore knew anything about this. I don't believe it was due to a drop because I take really good care of my phone and can't remember the last time I dropped it. I really would rather keep the phone I currently have because that is the only defect I notice and don't want to risk getting another refurbished and something else might be wrong with the replacement. Has anyone had  genius fix and not replace their phone with a similar problem?

Thanks!

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't effect the picture/FaceTime experience as far as I can tell. It's just a major eye sore especially on the black iPhone 6..

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Update:
Ok so I chatted with technical support and they said most likely it will be a phone swap. I'm still debating if I'm going to go along and replace my phone, and risk the replacement have some other problem. Or just stick it out and hopefully when I upgrade to the next iPhone AT&T won't hold me accountable. Just in case I made an  Genius appointment and I'll see what they say..

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Update:
Ok so I chatted with technical support and they said most likely it will be a phone swap. I'm still debating if I'm going to go along and replace my phone, and risk the replacement have some other problem. Or just stick it out and hopefully when I upgrade to the next iPhone AT&T won't hold me accountable. Just in case I made an  Genius appointment and I'll see what they say..

Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Update: Ok so I chatted with technical support and they said most likely it will be a phone swap. I'm still debating if I'm going to go along and replace my phone, and risk the replacement have some other problem. Or just stick it out and hopefully when I upgrade to the next iPhone AT&T won't hold me accountable. Just in case I made an  Genius appointment and I'll see what they say..

How did it go? I'm having the same problem. Seems like it's a common problem.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1823439

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
For now I'm not going to bother replacing it. It doesn't seem to bother me as much as I thought it would and don't want to risk some other issue with the replacement. However, I will give it a couple months and if it gets worse I will get it replaced.

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
It isn't actually the front facing camera that shifted. After doing some research it is actually a small foam "ring" the sits between the camera and the screen. Although it is still an issue I will probably end up getting it replaced more towards the end of the year warranty.

Chuck Halverson

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just throwing in my .02...... I replaced mine last year for this reason only to have it happen again.....tempted to go in a second time thinking if this has happened enough, they changed the manufacturing process. Ive seen a lot "who cares" comments online, but for an almost 1000.00 telephone, I would hope that there werent any manufacturing defects....

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I finally took it in and was given the option for a repair or replacement. I went with the replacement and make sure everything worked before i left. Im hoping this one works out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73