Rocket cases Afterburner battery case

apcman

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I saw online that rocketcase has a afterburner battery case that uses a lightning port instead of USB. Has anyone used this before or know anything about this company or should I just stick with mophie and stay on the safe side. I saw the afterburner is not MiFi certified and I was a little bit skeptical when I saw that.

Thanks

Rocketcases

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi there!

We aren't quite certified yet, although we hope to be in the next couple of months.

That being said, the case works great! It's beautiful, sleek, and gives you that extra juice that the iPhones really require.

Hope that helps!

Jon
Co-founder
Rocketcases, Inc.

schlaf10

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Don't bother buying this case. I purchased the iphone6 case and it worked fine for the first few months and then just stopped holding a charge. I contacted rocket cases about the issue including offering to send them the defective case. I was then informed that since my case was 3 months old the best they could do with give me a discount on another case (essentially trying to get me to buy another). With no assurance the problem wouldn't repeat itself, I had little interest in that. Pretty amazing that 3 months is the functional life they are willing to stand by. I proceeded to e-mail back a few times to Skye (one of the co-founders?) and eventually he just stopped responding. Their "100% satisfaction guarantee" is just a typical hollow corporate promise. The case and deal seemed to good to be true, and unfortunately was. Stay away.

Dudley228

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I just received my case yesterday and I will be returning it. I charged it up and when I went to use it, it charged my phone up about 15 percent then stopped working.

In the short time I used it, the one thing I liked about it was the feel of the case in my hand.

I didn't like that you have to have the case charging your phone when you want to charge your case and phone together. If you don't have the case on, the phone won't charge, but the case will.

Bad Case

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Don't buy this case.

1) It works for a little while but then your lightning cable becomes loose in the case and won't keep a connection. You will wake up to a flat iPhone battery.

2) It's confusing as to when the case will or will not charge the phone when plugged in via cable. Be sure to check twice before bed to see if the phone is charging (not just the case).

3) The "stand" is flimsy and almost useless under the weight.

4) The charging lights are so bright that I have to cover them when I sleep (I charge my iPhone on my nightstand). Couldn't I just turn the phone over? Yes, but the speakers then get covered, and I like to listen to Podcasts or music when I go to bed.

I'm sick and tired of waking up to an iPhone that isn't charged. Time to go buy a Mophie.

tl;dr: No.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh