Months after purchase - do you regret it? Do you have Plus envy ?

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I'll admit... I do have plus envy, lol. My first concern was that it was too big and I didn't need it, but in my defense, the Verizon store didn't have demo models at the time for me to actually compare it to. Now that I've had the 6 for a few weeks and the stores are now equipped with demo models, I find myself always going in to handle it. It's extremely more lightweight than I figured, and since I never actually put a phone up to my ear (since the Nokia N-Gage taco era) it really wouldn't be a big deal as far as phone use. Plus, I never put phones in my jeans pockets so that wouldn't have been an issue either.
I'm going to hold out for another month when I add my sons line to my plan and let him have the 6 and then get the plus. Lol what was I thinking! :p

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Nope- small hands... Way too big for me. I actually still look at it and think- man that thing is huge. Love my 6

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Not really.
Had a Plus. Loved it for all the obvious reasons, and was annoyed by it for all the obvious reasons (size/handling). I love big screen phones, but the Plus was simply not practical for me for daily use. I absolutely need to be able to operate my phone one handed at work without any fuss. With the Plus I found myself putting it down and picking it back up a lot while I was working on what I was doing, whereas, with the 6, I can keep it in hand while doing other things with my hands. The 6 really is a perfect size for the hand, and it's designed that way as well in regards to button placement. The way-up-there position of the power button on the Plus is pretty silly.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I do love my 6, but I'm definitely throwing around the idea of getting a 6s+ next year. I love the size and feel of the 6 in my hand, but the larger screen and better battery life are tempting me to jump to a 6s+ next year. For this year though, I am more than content with the iPhone 6. :)

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 6 is the perfect size for me but I do occasionally wish I took the plunge and got a Plus (if nothing else the extra battery). I don't think I'd be happy using a Plus daily. It's just too large for how I use and store my phone (pockets).

Funny story - I bought a new pair of jeans a few weeks ago. I wore them for the first time this week. The pockets are extremely shallow, which I vaguely remember thinking when I was trying them on. Stuck my phone in the front pocket and about 1/3 was sticking out the top.

Last edited:

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Having the iPad mini to fall back on when the 6 just isn't cutting it has been a great way to avoid even looking at the 6+. I have had the iPad mini for over a year now though. I just can't stop loving that thing...

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
No. I still love my 6 and I still believe the 6+ is too big for me. That will probably change in the future, but not now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I wanted the plus because it didn't feel big in my hand and it had a better display, battery life, and camera, but it was going to be too big to fit in my pockets when I got a case on it.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
No "plus envy" here. I preordered an iPhone 6 plus, but after two days decided it wasn't practical for me (too large) and exchanged it for an iPhone 6. I enjoy using the iPhone 6; it fits my lifestyle.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Not really. When Apple shrinks the bezels, maybe I'll jump on. But for a 5.5" screen there's lots of bezels and size isn't really worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raphie

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Having the iPad mini to fall back on when the 6 just isn't cutting it has been a great way to avoid even looking at the 6+. I have had the iPad mini for over a year now though. I just can't stop loving that thing...

I feel like I want the 6+ because I no longer have an iPad ‼️‼️
May still get it and sell 6, never have issues making money off old phones to buy news one as I want them😉👍👏😜✌️☝️

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2