Months after purchase - do you regret it? Do you have Plus envy ?

codyoehl

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the 6 plus is just really big
You look at it in the store, handle it, think it looks nice and consider the benefits
But then you realize how big it is, and for regular use I just think it's too big for me, I might change my mind though

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I love my iphone 6!! I am so glad I did not get the plus, it is just personal preference but I have seen people using them and it looks like they have a tablet stuck up to their face.. I believe the iPhone 6 is the perfect size for a 'cell phone'

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Having the iPad mini to fall back on when the 6 just isn't cutting it has been a great way to avoid even looking at the 6+. I have had the iPad mini for over a year now though. I just can't stop loving that thing...

Lol ok now I'm considering a mini. I have my iPad 2 but since I got the 6 I rarely pick it up except to read mags that are only for iPad.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
First, I love my iPhone 6. But.....I do find myself suffering from Plus envy. Right now I've got 500 stashed away in my kitchen that is my security money for emergencies, and it's just CALLING out to me....get the Plus, get the Plus, get the Plus....

mmcfly23

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
First, I love my iPhone 6. But.....I do find myself suffering from Plus envy. Right now I've got 500 stashed away in my kitchen that is my security money for emergencies, and it's just CALLING out to me....get the Plus, get the Plus, get the Plus....

Went from the 6 to the 6 plus (couldn't be happier).

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

I went straight for the 6+ without hesitation. Yes, the 6 is easier to handle and such, but the benefits of the 6+ are hard to pass off.. Love it, and would never trade it for any less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Went from the 6 to the 6 plus (couldn't be happier).

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I'm going to wait. I'll get it in September. I'm hoping that they'll release it at about the same time since I'm planning on a trip across the pond and I'd like to take it unlocked.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I went straight for the 6+ without hesitation. Yes, the 6 is easier to handle and such, but the benefits of the 6+ are hard to pass off.. Love it, and would never trade it for any less.

See I thought it would be too big because I used the Lumia as a size comparison to account for the phone and a case. So I ordered the 6 without ever seeing the Plus in hand.

Since then, as soon as the phones were available, I went to pick one up and at first I thought I'd made the right decision but now.....I don't know. Yesterday I went to get another lightning cable at Best Buy and I picked up the Plus and it didn't feel so big anymore.

So this year I'll get the Plus.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Actually, I'm still feeling weirdly like I'll be doing an exit plan for the 6 to get another 5c.

My wife has a 5C. I've always liked that phone a lot. If they had kept the 5C a little more current and put touch ID on it, I may have gone with that over the 6.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
My wife has a 5C. I've always liked that phone a lot. If they had kept the 5C a little more current and put touch ID on it, I may have gone with that over the 6.

I'd seriously be the happiest person if suddenly a baby blue shelled iPhone 6c appeared. Even if it's a 5s in a candy shell, I'm happy. Touch ID, 64 Bit processor, and at least 64GB offered as largest variety and I'm good to go. Don't even need NFC or bigger screen.

AppleLadie

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I definitely have 6+ envy!!! The moment I got the 6 I wanted the plus. I convinced myself the plus was too big and before long I found myself constantly going to check out the plus at local stores. It was too late to switch at that point. I have considered selling it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I definitely have 6+ envy!!! The moment I got the 6 I wanted the plus. I convinced myself the plus was too big and before long I found myself constantly going to check out the plus at local stores. It was too late to switch at that point. I have considered selling it.

I did the same thing. I like trying new things. But for me the plus wasn't "different" or improved enough over the 6 to make me want it that much. That being said I'll be going with the plus next time around, but for now the 6 will hold me over. I may pick up a used 6+ a few months down the road.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
See I thought it would be too big because I used the Lumia as a size comparison to account for the phone and a case. So I ordered the 6 without ever seeing the Plus in hand.

Since then, as soon as the phones were available, I went to pick one up and at first I thought I'd made the right decision but now.....I don't know. Yesterday I went to get another lightning cable at Best Buy and I picked up the Plus and it didn't feel so big anymore.

So this year I'll get the Plus.

Same here. Plus for me this sept.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Same here. Plus for me this sept.

Me too. For the next round I'll consider the Plus. This time around, for me, the 6 was the smart money.

Hopefully the 6+S will have 2GB of RAM and some more phablet type utilization of the screen real estate. I can pray that they shave a little off the top and bottom bezels, but I don't see that one happening.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Me too. For the next round I'll consider the Plus. This time around, for me, the 6 was the smart money.

Hopefully the 6+S will have 2GB of RAM and some more phablet type utilization of the screen real estate. I can pray that they shave a little off the top and bottom bezels, but I don't see that one happening.

Agree. Think since the iPad got 2gb ram we will see that on next iphone. And hopefully like you said more pieces in the OS to use the larger screen size. Maybe with the 7 they will shrink the bezels lol.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Maybe with the 7 they will shrink the bezels lol.

It is funny though. I honestly think the 6 Plus is just a little too big, and I do mean a little. And by big I mean tall. The Note 4 for me felt a lot better to use because it was a little less of a long rectangle. Less top heavy. If Samsung can get a 5.7" screen on the footprint of the Note 4, there's no reason Apple can't do the same footprint for a 5.5" screen. They are good at what they do. I just think they need to treat the Plus as it's own device and not just keep inflating the 4.7" model.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It is funny though. I honestly think the 6 Plus is just a little too big, and I do mean a little. And by big I mean tall. The Note 4 for me felt a lot better to use because it was a little less of a long rectangle. Less top heavy. If Samsung can get a 5.7" screen on the footprint of the Note 4, there's no reason Apple can't do the same footprint for a 5.5" screen. They are good at what they do. I just think they need to treat the Plus as it's own device and not just keep inflating the 4.7" model.

Agree. I felt the same way when I played with a note 4. Was amazed at how two devices so close in size could feel so different. Guess we will see, but no reason Apple can't shrink the bezels, even just a small amount could make a huge difference in feel.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro