Trading for a iPhone 6?

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
So I'm trading my 5s 16gb for a 6 16gb plus I'm adding $220 is that a good deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a fan of 16gb any device, but I think it's a good deal. The question is "are you happy with the deal?"....That's all that matters

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not in my opinion, but it's not my device. An iPhone 6 is $199 on contract. What is the going price of the 5S if you were to sell it on eBay, etcetera? Also, are the carriers still allowing customers to trade in their current iPhone models to off-set the cost of a new iPhone 6 or 6 Plus?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
16 gb is plenty for most people. Not people here though. Most don't have 100+ apps and big apps like Pages and huge game apps. Most don't keep tons of music on their phone. I've been using the 16 gb iP 5 for 16 months and have 4 gb available. It's all what one wants to do on their phone. My Wife has a 32 gb iP 5c, and has only used 4 gb of storage space. 16 gb may not be enough for you. But it's Apple's best seller. And most think it's enough. I want more space myself. But my wife, like many others, would never need more space.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
16 gb is plenty for most people. Not people here though. Most don't have 100+ apps and big apps like Pages and huge game apps. Most don't keep tons of music on their phone. I've been using the 16 gb iP 5 for 16 months and have 4 gb available. It's all what one wants to do on their phone. My Wife has a 32 gb iP 5c, and has only used 4 gb of storage space. 16 gb may not be enough for you. But it's Apple's best seller. And most think it's enough. I want more space myself. But my wife, like many others, would never need more space.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Humm, I disagree. I think once upon a time 16gb was good, but not now. Consumers are keeping more and more "stuff" on their mobile devices than ever before. Sure, most of the Mobile Nations members tend to go overboard and use their devices like hobbies, and have everything including the kitchen sink on their smart phones, but so does everyone else nowadays. Just the other day my Pastor upgraded his 16gb 5s to a 64gb 5s (he liked the looks of the 5s better than the 6).
As Smartphones get smarter, so do we and how we store information. It's not just music and apps, address books have more than just phone numbers now, lots of people save text messages, photos, videos, ectera, ectera..... A 16gb device might seem good for some, because they don't realize how much GB they will use over the course of a smartphones life until its to late. Just my. 02 cents

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a fair trade! The cost of a 16gb 6 is about 650 plus tax so closer to 700. In my area, the 16gb 5S is going for around 300 or so. For me, a 5S (300) plus 220 is cheaper than buying a 6 off contract. Before trading my 16gb 6 and 60 bucks for a factory unlocked 16gb 6 plus, I'd gotten my 6 (with a crack in the upper corner of the glass) in exchange for a 5S and 160 bucks. That's equivalent to 460 then I paid 110 to get the screen fixed. That's 570 for a 6 that would've cost me 700 since I'm locked in for the next 2 years!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Not in my opinion, but it's not my device. An iPhone 6 is $199 on contract. What is the going price of the 5S if you were to sell it on eBay, etcetera? Also, are the carriers still allowing customers to trade in their current iPhone models to off-set the cost of a new iPhone 6 or 6 Plus?

Most likely they don't have an upgrade. 5s on ebay are going for around $250ish and 6 are still going for hundreds more. So its a pretty solid deal, the OP actually probably saving some money this way.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Most likely they don't have an upgrade. 5s on ebay are going for around $250ish and 6 are still going for hundreds more. So its a pretty solid deal, the OP actually probably saving some money this way.

Saving a couple hundred bucks easily

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Humm, I disagree. I think once upon a time 16gb was good, but not now. Consumers are keeping more and more "stuff" on their mobile devices than ever before. Sure, most of the Mobile Nations members tend to go overboard and use their devices like hobbies, and have everything including the kitchen sink on their smart phones, but so does everyone else nowadays. Just the other day my Pastor upgraded his 16gb 5s to a 64gb 5s (he liked the looks of the 5s better than the 6).
As Smartphones get smarter, so do we and how we store information. It's not just music and apps, address books have more than just phone numbers now, lots of people save text messages, photos, videos, ectera, ectera..... A 16gb device might seem good for some, because they don't realize how much GB they will use over the course of a smartphones life until its to late. Just my. 02 cents

Not to mention not everyone is on unlimited data, so using the cloud isn't always the best choice, not to mention if you happen to be somewhere of poor service, the cloud is a poor replacement for physical on device. It was nice apple going 64gb instead of 32, but they should just get rid of 16gb altogether and if nothing else since they need to charge more, add $50 making 32gb the base model.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It's a good deal if you're fine with a 16gb model. I would suggest paying the extra to get a 64gb, but that's me.

Sent from my iPhone 6

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I did the deal and I'm glad I did. I really like the 6. Only thing is I couldn't fit all my music on it but that's fine bcuz I never listened to all the songs I had anyways. I still have 2.9gb available.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Not to mention not everyone is on unlimited data, so using the cloud isn't always the best choice, not to mention if you happen to be somewhere of poor service, the cloud is a poor replacement for physical on device. It was nice apple going 64gb instead of 32, but they should just get rid of 16gb altogether and if nothing else since they need to charge more, add $50 making 32gb the base model.

It's marketing. Many people wouldn't want the 16GB and by making 64 the next option instead of 32 more people are more likely to spend the extra $100.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I did the deal and I'm glad I did. I really like the 6. Only thing is I couldn't fit all my music on it but that's fine bcuz I never listened to all the songs I had anyways. I still have 2.9gb available.

Have you thought about itunes match for $25 a year for your music and also using Dropbox for storing pictures. They work great for a 16gb iPhone.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Have you thought about itunes match for $25 a year for your music and also using Dropbox for storing pictures. They work great for a 16gb iPhone.

I use Dropbox already but ITunes Match I never used that or heard about it. I just looked it up but I don't really get how it works. Can I store all my music from my pc onto and and save space on my phone and still be able to listen to music from the music app?

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I use Dropbox already but ITunes Match I never used that or heard about it. I just looked it up but I don't really get how it works. Can I store all my music from my pc onto and and save space on my phone and still be able to listen to music from the music app?

Yes that's how it works. It's all accessed from your music app. My daughter used it because she had a 16gb iphone. It's well worth $25 a year. Just research it and see if it's for you
Good luck

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It's marketing. Many people wouldn't want the 16GB and by making 64 the next option instead of 32 more people are more likely to spend the extra $100.

Exactly. Even charging $50 more and making 32gb the base, they still would make lots of $$ (not like Apple doesn't already overcharge and is hurting for the $$)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal