Screen not lighting up, when receiving notifications??

Dx3me

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
When I have my iPhone 6 (iOS 8.1) on standby and I receive a message on Facebook, or an email for example... I DO hear the sound, but it doesn't light up the screen.
I remember having it in the past though...

How can I switch this back on?

Dx3me

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just checked... and everything I want to light up, is already set to 'Allow notification/show on lockscreen'

Dx3me

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I have it on banner... and when I click on the button once, the screen lights up and shows the notification.
But the screen just doesn't light up by itself.

Dx3me

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
These are the exact settings I'm using...
Strange though, that everything does show up on the lockscreen (I can see it when I click the home button), but it refuses to automatically light up the lockscreen when in standby-mode.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Strange though, that everything does show up on the lockscreen (I can see it when I click the home button), but it refuses to automatically light up the lockscreen when in standby-mode.

Put it on "Alerts" rather than "banner". See if that does it. I don't get a lit screen either for Notifications. They only show when the phone is opened. But try Alerts!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm having issues where I don't get the notification sound but the screen lights up. Seems to happen on the first new notification that comes has no sound and then any after that all have sounds.

I also notice pretty often that when taking photos the first time I take a photo there is no shutter click sound and then after that first photo the shutter sound returns.

Also FYI I don't think the Facebook app ever makes sounds for notifications only Facebook Messenger. I never get sounds from Facebook and I know sounds are turned on and it has been like that for a long time.

Oli Haller

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey man! You have probably sorted it by now, but i had the exact same problem. It is the fact that you are in 'Do not disturb' mode. Flick up from the bottom and turn off the half moon :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2