Folders or not?

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
What's "Spotlight" and why do you need it to open apps?

Swipe down from your home screen to pull up spotlight. It's a universal search for iPhone and I find it faster to open apps from there then swiping through my pages and folders.

Sent from my Golden Apple Six

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Swipe down from your home screen to pull up spotlight. It's a universal search for iPhone and I find it faster to open apps from there then swiping through my pages and folders.

That just works fine when you know the name of the app you need. I don't always know the name of apps I'm using, I just instinctively know where I placed them. That works faster for me. But, I know a lot of people who do the same like you

TCfromKY

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

Oh, I see. Thanks. Most of you have more apps than me. So I can see where using spotlight search would come in handy.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Its just a matter of preference, spotlight can be be used for a lot more.

View attachment 74130

OT: I don't get it.. I see those icons and the explaining text underneath in every screenshot, but I seem to not get that.. Mine is just plain blank
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419380442.244940.jpg

And to be clear, I have enabled every option in the Spotlight settings.

Edit: I just noticed it says Search iPhone on my device, not Spotlight Search

TCfromKY

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
OT: I don't get it.. I see those icons and the explaining text underneath in every screenshot, but I seem to not get that.. Mine is just plain blank
View attachment 74131

And to be clear, I have enabled every option in the Spotlight settings.

Edit: I just noticed it says Search iPhone on my device, not Spotlight Search

It's the same on my iPhone 6 yukhalilsel, except it says "Spotlight Search."

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I know, but when I'm searching for something, it doesn't search the web or AppStore, it just searches locally, like it did back in iOS 7. I have every option enabled. Somehow my device just doesn't allow me to use Spotlight Search.

If you want it for searching apps, mark only applications in Settings. Then on Spotlight Search, type a letter.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have 1 folder for social apps so that I can keep my screens to 2...the stock out of the box screen and the screen all of my downloaded apps fall on

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If you want it for searching apps, mark only applications in Settings. Then on Spotlight Search, type a letter.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

I figured it finally out.

I had to follow these steps.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419384243.514017.jpg

I hate it though. Because I really like to have my phone settings in English AND be able to use the Spotlight functionality

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen