6 is slightly bent straight outta the box. Lol.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Walked out yesterday with a 6. Didn't inspect it or anything. Didn't think there was a reason too. This morning, it looked a little curved up started near the volume buttons. The power button side is pin straight. So it's slight but obvious if you look down the side.

Is one of those things where I'm not even sure it's worth the exchange, especially right now because Christmas shoppers are filling up the Apple store big time. I could wait till after Christmas, but I want to make sure they don't think I did it.

Anyone else have any slight bend right out of the box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
It's kind of like that on all devices I think. It's due to the pin that holds that corner together. A lot of people have noted it appears a bit crooked.

Mine is too and the odd slight angle of the volume buttons makes it a bit more noticeable.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
It's kind of like that on all devices I think. It's due to the pin that holds that corner together. A lot of people have noted it appears a bit crooked.

Mine is too and the odd slight angle of the volume buttons makes it a bit more noticeable.

Thanks for adding that. Makes me feel a bit better about it. I don't want to get into a cycle of returning stuff over cosmetic type things. I just want to use it and move on.

I've sort of "massaged" it back to being a little straighter. Not perfect, but close enough that if it was like this when I got it on may not have noticed.

Last edited:

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Interesting time at the Apple Store tonight. I decided the bend was bothering me too much to ignore, so I went back to the store to get a replacement.

The Genius came out. I told her it was bent slightly and was that way out of the box. She was skeptical, but I expected that. I showed her the bend. She said she couldn't see it and said "but I have really bad eyes". So then she said she had to take it to the manager in the back because "he makes the final call on this kind of stuff". I waited there for almost 20 minutes and finally she came out with a little box. She gave the "we normally don't do this" speech. I just thanked her for giving me the benefit of the doubt. We inspected the new one together and its indeed perfectly straight. I'm very happy I went and spent the hour in the store. They made me sweat it out though. Nothing comes easy I guess. :)

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Interesting time at the Apple Store tonight. I decided the bend was bothering me too much to ignore, so I went back to the store to get a replacement.

The Genius came out. I told her it was bent slightly and was that way out of the box. She was skeptical, but I expected that. I showed her the bend. She said she couldn't see it and said "but I have really bad eyes". So then she said she had to take it to the manager in the back because "he makes the final call on this kind of stuff". I waited there for almost 20 minutes and finally she came out with a little box. She gave the "we normally don't do this" speech. I just thanked her for giving me the benefit of the doubt. We inspected the new one together and its indeed perfectly straight. I'm very happy I went and spent the hour in the store. They made me sweat it out though. Nothing comes easy I guess. :)

What a lovely experience!

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
My biggest fear was since it was already slightly bent, that the structural integrity was already compromised, and more bending would have been likely. It's been two days and my new 6 has not budged from its straight as an arrow stature.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
My biggest fear was since it was already slightly bent, that the structural integrity was already compromised, and more bending would have been likely. It's been two days and my new 6 has not budged from its straight as an arrow stature.

Likewise. My 5 day old iPhone shows no signs of bending either.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2