iPhone 6 lifeproof case

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
LOL, I ordered it on Jan 1st and its not scheduled to be delivered until Monday Jan 12th! Tracking shows they just now sent the package "info" to USPS. Absolutely pathetic. I should've just bought the thing locally. Coming from a Lumia 920 and I've been trained to not even bother looking for accessories locally :sarcastic:

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
LOL, I ordered it on Jan 1st and its not scheduled to be delivered until Monday Jan 12th! Tracking shows they just now sent the package "info" to USPS. Absolutely pathetic. I should've just bought the thing locally. Coming from a Lumia 920 and I've been trained to not even bother looking for accessories locally :sarcastic:

That's crazy! I had a hard time finding may stock here. So I just said screw it buy online.

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
That's crazy! I had a hard time finding may stock here. So I just said screw it buy online.

Finally made it on the 11th. Not really impressed so far. I just don't see $80 worth of case here. I'm also having alot of "try again" messages when attempting to use the fingerprint scanner now. For those that will ask, yes, I configured it before case was applied.

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Finally made it on the 11th. Not really impressed so far. I just don't see $80 worth of case here. I'm also having alot of "try again" messages when attempting to use the fingerprint scanner now. For those that will ask, yes, I configured it before case was applied.

That's strange, I don't seem to have that issues with mine. It works flawlessly. I don't see the 80$ worth of money in mine either but that will come when it pours down at work and I have a phone that can get soaked.

b0n3s

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Try reconfiguring your fingerprints with the case on. That's what I did and it works great.

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
True. I bough it specially to keep out water. I guess if it does that, I got no reson to complain.

I kinda like that the charging port supports the stock cable so well. Takes the stress off the port should the phone get pulled/jerked while plugged in.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I got one for $20 with my new 6 today, its better than the 5S one i had, no oil slicks and the sound is good. buttons are all good. Still has the grainy affect with the screen protector but thats the price you pay for full protection. Feels nice to hold. Tested out in the spa in the pool today and all good :)

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Something I've noticed over the past month. When you put the case on, definitely start with the bottom. You want the Touch ID film to sit completely on the fingerprint scanner without any/minimal air bubbles. When I first got my case only a small circle in the middle sat flat on the sensor now the entire film covers almost all of the sensor. I'd say give it a little time. Mine settled in pretty quickly and most of the air bubbles work themselves out.

PS - I know someone suggested scanning your fingers after the case is on. I'm pretty sure Lifeproof says not to do that.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
LOL, I was wondering why the film was sticking to the center of the home button. I'll take a q-tip and work around the button to get the rest of the film to sit on it properly.

The case does the phone well. I do wish it was a bit more grippy and rigid, though. I still worry about bending the phone while it's in my side cargo pants pocket as I get out of my car.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I was wondering why the film was sticking to the center of the home button. I'll take a q-tip and work around the button to get the rest of the film to sit on it properly.

The case does the phone well. I do wish it was a bit more grippy and rigid, though. I still worry about bending the phone while it's in my side cargo pants pocket as I get out of my car.

Depending on how adventurous you want to be, you can try this. Take the phone out of the case and put it back in starting with the bottom. The Touch ID film should stick better to the scanner and cover the majority (not just the circle in the center). You could also try pressing very gently on the film when you're putting the phone into the case. I did that and it helped remove some of the air bubbles/make the film sit flush. If I think about it, I'll try to get a picture of mine tomorrow and post it.

Steven Viscarra

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Its a great case and I am currently using this as my daily case. I love the protection, the rubberized front and rigid back and the black with grey color scheme. BUT I personally have a few issues with the case.

Problem 1: The screen integrity is lost. But this is the case with most screen protectors anyways. I just personally dont like the feel of the screen and prefer the bare glass or a tempered glass screen protector.

Problem 2: The dust and lint gathers in the I/O ports and sometimes gets inside the case when the flap is open.

Problem 3: The film over the Bio-metric Sensor (Touch ID sensor) is practical and works I would say 95% of the time. There is that 5% of the time where i have to try again. This might be an issue with finger placement or just the way I programmed my finger print.

Problem 4: I'm starting to see some air bubbles forming on my screen which just makes Problem 1 way worse.

Problem 5: Sometimes when I pull my phone out of my pocket the flap opens up. And if i place a finger on the flap but more towards the back of the door it pops open very easy with little force. I think I am accidentally hitting that as I full the phone out of my pocket.

Problem 6: This is probably the worst part about this case. The opening for the lighting connector is very precise and only fits the OEM Apple Lighting Cable. I had many third party cables for length and spare cables for different locations since i had the iPhone 5 previously and none of them fit with this case. I had the LifeProof fre on the iPhone 5 as well and I didn't have any clearance issues. Luckily I found a third party cable that is cheaper than Apple's cable and it fits this case as well. You can find it on Amazon its sold by ROKER.

Let me know if you guys are experiencing these issues so maybe I can file for a replacement to fix some these issues.

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Question for those using this case: when looking at your phone from the sides, does it appear as though your phone is slightly bowed or bent? Mine does. I can lay it on a flat surface and see a slight arch.

I was very careful installing this case. I want to take the case off the phone to check, but I'm afraid of what I might find.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Question for those using this case: when looking at your phone from the sides, does it appear as though your phone is slightly bowed or bent? Mine does. I can lay it on a flat surface and see a slight arch.

I was very careful installing this case. I want to take the case off the phone to check, but I'm afraid of what I might find.

I think mine might have a slight arc to it. Most likely just the case. I don't think you could apply enough pressure to bend your phone while it's in this case (I feel like the plastic would crack before the 6 bends). You an take it off and check but I'm sure you're fine!

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I think I messed up my case already. Took it off to inspect phone for bending (it's not). Used a coin to pop the case loose on one side and marred up the back half of the case along the seam, where it snaps to the front half. It's not too bad, I doubt it's water proof anymore, though. Will water test it one of these days I guess.

marvar11

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone else had trouble using the ring/silent switch. I've tried taking the case off and putting it back on but I still cant get it to work.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else had trouble using the ring/silent switch. I've tried taking the case off and putting it back on but I still cant get it to work.

You have to almost push in while flipping it back and forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk