Storage space issues

rbayford

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a storage space problem, well according to my device I have storage space but when I try to sync music and videos with iTunes it says I haven't got any space. I've tried taking off all my videos as they take up the most space and still no luck. I've checked standalone apps which I download videos too and there's nothing in them.

The only thing I can think of is wipe my iPhone and start again but I really don't want to.

Any ideas?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What storage capacity phone do you have? How much music is on it? Photos? Messages? Everything adds up. You can upload photos and videos to cloud based apps like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. Then delete from your phone. Delete music you don't really need. Delete emails you don't need, especially if they have photos and videos. When you go to Settings >General >Usage, what apps are taking the most space? Can you delete cache in any apps? Ones like Facebook you have to delete, then reinstall to delete the cache. No need to wipe. Just manage storage better.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

rbayford

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I've got a 16Gb with very few messages etc on it as I try to delete them. The strange thing is that when I check in settings it says there is space but iTunes doesn't recognise it.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1419105737.934973.jpg