Possible phone issue?

doitlarge

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
I am hoping the problem is within the apps and not my phone but it is happening in most apps, which makes me lean towards my phone. Anyone else experiencing where video files within apps (instagram, facebook, vine, youtube, etc) do not play sound unless you press the volume up or down button? (and sometimes it still does not do anything)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you noticed any other sounds that don't work? Do you hear game sounds? The phone's keyboard clicks and lock sounds? If so, it could be an issue with your bottom speaker. I've had my bottom speaker quit working on my iP 4 twice. I fixed it by going to YouTube and turning the volume all the way down, then all the way back up. Then return to the home screen and turn the volume all the way up. The volume control on YouTube is independent of the main volume control. It's kind of weird. I had turned the sound way down while on YouTube. I returned to the home screen and could not hear game sounds, even though the volume was all the way up. Took me a while to figure it out.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Mine does this. Usually I have to rotate the mute switch to have sounds instead of just being on vibrate. Is this normal?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Happens to me too. I always thought that because Facebook and Instagram play videos automatically, that they made it so that the sound wouldn't play without the user asking it to...

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't have Instagram, but on Facebook, you do have to tap a video that's on the newsfeed in order to hear the sound. I haven't noticed any issues with sound.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
There's a setting in Instagram for this.

3d70d7d92fd4e181c78df14b9c1614bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox