Does anyone Wish the iPhone had a Back Button?

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I don't wish for one at all. I have had android and windows devices in the past, and I still don't miss those extra buttons (back, menu, etc).

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Swiping the screen "backwards" works well for me. Missed it when I first switched over from Blackberry but not anymore.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Most of the BB10 gestures that are worth anything were already available in some form on the iPhone. The rest of them are unintuitive and generally clunky. They would NOT be a welcome addition to iOS.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Another one here for the swipe motion. If that weren't around, I'd probably agree that a back button could be useful. Then again, most apps have a back indicator in the upper left corner don't they? Why create a button that does the same thing?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Nah. For me, the back scrolling drives me crazy. If I'm trying to scroll down or up with my left hand, it always ends up on the previous page. That just really gets my goat, especially when I'm reading something....

I think it's frustrating.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Love the back button on my Note 4,,,,, wish the phone 6 had a back button.

The lack of a back button on my iPads does not bother me though.

Cheers
Davyo

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
No need for the back button. I quickly got used to it since I used an iPhone 3G before my Galaxy S3. The only trouble I had was getting used to the double click for multitasking and the press and hold for Siri. On the S3 it was double click for s voice and press and hold for multitasking.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't mind consistent back nav support. Devs have to come up with buttons to do it when the app calls for it. Might be nice if there was a system wide way to go back when appropriate. Doesn't need to be a dedicated button. Might confuse some people though. The way the devs do it now is certainly easy to understand.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods