Nope the swipe gestures are way better and with the back you never know where it would take you on Android.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    03-26-2015 11:30 AM
    Yes, I miss the Back button functionality on Android, but I don't think it would be an elegant fit into the iOS way of doing things.

I too love being able to swipe to go back a screen in most iOS apps, but the thing with Android is the Back button would also go back whole apps at a time. If you tap on a link in Twitter (or whatever) for example, it might open the link in Chrome, then tapping Back takes you back to Twitter again (if I remember correctly). It worked on a stack of open apps, backtracking through all your steps, rather than just going back screens in the current app.
    03-26-2015 11:38 AM
    Nah. For me, the back scrolling drives me crazy. If I'm trying to scroll down or up with my left hand, it always ends up on the previous page. That just really gets my goat, especially when I'm reading something....

I think it's frustrating.
    THIS. A million times.
    It would frustrate the living daylights out of me on BB10 especially on Tapatalk.
    I like the design of the iPhone as it is.
    Functional minimalism. Classic.
    03-28-2015 06:09 AM
    I like the design of the iPhone as it is.
    Functional minimalism. Classic.
    Curious: now that iOS 9 added a back button (different location though similar functionality to Android), have opinions changed of those who didn't want one?
    08-09-2015 12:40 PM
    Curious: now that iOS 9 added a back button (different location though similar functionality to Android), have opinions changed of those who didn't want one?
    No, it doesn't change my opinion at all.

It's not a true "back" button. It's an option to return to the search screen after visiting a link. It's only implemented in that context, and is not available in other situations or contexts.
    08-09-2015 12:48 PM
    I just really wish OSes would start putting the buttons at the bottom instead of the top. With screens getting bigger and bigger it makes no sense to me to put buttons at the top of the display.
    08-09-2015 12:51 PM
    I love the swiping gesture. However, there are instances where it doesn't work and you need to resort to your beloved home button. That can be a tad annoying at times. For fear of messing up my home button I've always been a user of assistive touch.

But yes, I do wish there was a touch button. And I'm glad iOS 9 is finally going to bring this feature.
    08-09-2015 01:22 PM
    Love the home button, no need for a back button
    08-09-2015 05:48 PM
    No, it doesn't change my opinion at all.

It's not a true "back" button. It's an option to return to the search screen after visiting a link. It's only implemented in that context, and is not available in other situations or contexts.
    That's not quite right, it does apply to other contexts. I have just used it to go back to messages from tweetbot.
    It's a good idea for iOS to have but I can't think of a time where Apple have "tacked" a solution on that looks more of an afterthought than this one....
    Maybe a force touch implementation would work? Light swipe to go back a page, more force to go back an app? That'd be cool
    08-09-2015 11:24 PM
    Haven't used iOS9.
    However my response remains the same to the question of whether I wish for the iPhone to have a back button.
    No.
    Edit: for the sake of a full response I also don't want a hub or a blinkity blink blinking LED.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 08-10-2015 at 07:13 AM.
    08-10-2015 06:56 AM
    I never had an Android or any phone with a back button, so I don't miss it. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other, as long as it just works. And it just works fine without a back button.
    08-10-2015 07:10 AM
    I like the iPhone how it is. On my 2014 Moto X, the back button is just too inconsistent. Sometimes it'll exit completely out of the app, sometimes it'll go back inside the app. It's different all the time. If they could make it more consistent, I'd probably be more attached to it, but I don't miss it while I'm using my iPhone.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-10-2015 06:55 PM
    Yes, but I only have iPhone for work. It drives me crazy and, whenever possible I just use the outlook web app on my Android. The good thing is that I now know that an iPhone will never be for me.
    03-04-2016 07:06 AM
    Yes, but I only have iPhone for work. It drives me crazy and, whenever possible I just use the outlook web app on my Android. The good thing is that I now know that an iPhone will never be for me.
    That's ok, it took a minute for me to get use to not having a back button coming from Android as well. There are certain things I miss from platform to platform, but MY best overall experience is with the Apple iPhone.
    Good luck with your choice.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-04-2016 12:27 PM
    I've never used a smartphone with a back button. So when I do, it confuses me. I don't like the back button. LOL
    03-04-2016 12:32 PM
    I have used Android as well as Windows Mobile and now on iOS. Although the experience has been very good, it can be better with a back button
    03-24-2016 12:18 PM
    I much prefer the back gestures vs a virtual or physical back button.
    03-24-2016 01:50 PM
    At least I have an idea of where I'll go using the "back" function in iOS (with the back swipe gesture). On Android... unless it's improved in more recent versions, I was often confused as to where the Back button would lead me.
    03-30-2016 06:52 PM
    Not sure if someone has already mentioned this or if it is even helpful, but there's a screen protector that adds a back button to the left of the home button. Take a look. Halo Back ? World?s First Smart Screen Protector for iPhone
    Hope this helps!
    04-02-2016 11:46 AM
    Honestly the way the "back" functionality is built into the OS is good enough for me. I personally see no need for an actual back button.
    04-04-2016 01:26 PM
    Yes I get annoyed when I do not find back button on my iphone 5s- recently switched from samsung note 3. otherwise it 5s works amazingly smooth compared to note 3!
    04-06-2016 09:50 AM
    nah, i like the swipe backwards gesture on the iPhone. the less buttons the better.
    04-06-2016 09:52 AM
    yes, i miss it like crazy. i really don't see the upside of not having one.i just got this iphone 2 days ago, and I really miss my android. maybe it will get better when i get used to it and become a pro. I never reaalized how big a difference there was between platforms. i had an old iphone and switched to android. i didn't really see a difference. now the difference is glaring.
    04-07-2016 11:15 AM
    This is my first smartphone without the back button, and I have adjusted just fine. Having the "back to ___" arrows work out just fine.
    04-07-2016 01:24 PM
    This is my first smartphone without the back button, and I have adjusted just fine. Having the "back to ___" arrows work out just fine.
    Once you get used to swiping from the left side to the right you won't even need the arrows. I'm currently using an Android phone and constantly swipe to go back.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-07-2016 02:59 PM
82 1234