Something for all you iphone6 users to check.
    So in my eyes this is a non-issue as I have seen it on many iPhone 6's.

If you apply pressure near the edge of the screen on the left hand side above the volume rockers, you will be able to see the little plastic seal and screen are indeed loose and are being pushed into the screen. I've seen this on every iPhone6 I've come across so far. Some have it worse than others. Some make clicking sounds if you listen closely. If you run your fingers over the edge of each side of the screen, there should be a notable difference and on the loose side your fingers should "snag" on the edges.

I just found this interesting that it only happens on one side and can sometimes be really bad if it makes a clicking sound like one of my previous iPhone 6's. Let me know if you to have this on your iPhone please!
    12-14-2014 05:05 PM
    This is true and cause a popping sound when pressed on my 6 plus. I had apple replaced the display in store for free. No issue since.
    12-14-2014 05:08 PM
    Nothing like that on my 6 Plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-14-2014 05:10 PM
    Nothing like that on my 6 Plus.

Happens on the majority of 6's I've seen. My sisters started off not doing it but after a few days it did.
    12-14-2014 05:16 PM
    I'm over a month in nothing yet.

12-14-2014 05:22 PM
    My 6 I got on launch day doesn't have a problem
    12-14-2014 06:51 PM
    This is not occurring on my iPhone 6.
    12-14-2014 07:01 PM
    My 6 is fine not loose at all.
    12-14-2014 07:52 PM
    Happens on the majority of 6's I've seen. My sisters started off not doing it but after a few days it did.
    Not not on my iPhone 6 Plus. And not on the iPhone 6 owned by my wife or the 2 owned by 2 of my kids. So far, in my world, 100% does NOT have this behavior.
    Just_Me_D and jburke82 like this.
    12-14-2014 08:05 PM
    All good here

12-14-2014 09:23 PM
    I just realised that my new 6 has the same clicking sound . I'll try to get a video for y'all.
    12-14-2014 09:38 PM
    Nothing like that on the two 6 pluses or the 6 in my house. We just got ours over the last couple weeks. Maybe it was in issue on earlier models? Glad we don't have that issue.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    12-14-2014 10:06 PM
    I don't have this issue on my 6.

12-14-2014 10:23 PM
    I think I'll take it back to the store and possibly get a silver one as I have only seen this issue on space grey so far.
    12-14-2014 11:16 PM
    I think I'll take it back to the store and possibly get a silver one as I have only seen this issue on space grey so far.
    Interesting. All four of the iPhone 6 devices (one is a 6 Plus) are space gray. None of them have this issue. YMMV.
    12-14-2014 11:25 PM
    You think the color will make a difference?

12-14-2014 11:28 PM
    You think the color will make a difference?

Well AFAIK I can either get a replacement as it's under 14 day return or get the screen replaced for free. It's probably safer to get the screen replaced however I notice a small gap on the top of the phone where little bits of dirt can easily get in. More so than my friends 6.
    12-14-2014 11:36 PM

Here's the video I promised. You can hear the "creaking sounds" when you apply pressure. In addition, below is a photo of a gap I noticed at the top where annoyingly a piece of white dirt has gotten in to and can't get out. :/

Something for you all to check on your phones-yxeh5jo.jpg
    12-15-2014 12:47 AM
    Hi,

Funny thing I started a thread regarding this yesterday and I think I have an explanation.

The reason it only happens from the volume buttons side is because the front assembly kinda gives in the metal backplate next to the volume buttons, under a light source, if pressed. You have to like be extra focused to see this, but it gives in by like 0.05mm probably.

Being the OCD person I am, I went to 3 different stores and tested out all the demos. Not to my surprise, every single one of them exhibited the same behaviour, exact same spot. The reason behind this has got to do with the way the phone is designed. If you look at any tear down of the 6 you will see some small support clip things, placed all around the perimeter of the screen. However, there is none near the area of the volume buttons due to there not being any room for them there. Probably that's a structural weak point of the phone. They're all that way. See photo here https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.ne...OVGlFhcQS.huge

I cannot say I'm mad, maybe at best mildly annoyed at Apple. The volume buttons area has always exhibited some weird behaviour. My 3G and my 3GS phones all had light bleeding next to the buttons (remember the black tape fix?) and my 4S had some of it to a very big degree and now this. I understand there's physically no space there to put the support thingie but come on.

I don't know why yours makes the noise up there, people probably are checking this spot when the spot with no support is right next to the volume buttons. You need a better than adequate light source to see this but it can't NOT happen to some of you. The iPhone 6's structure simply doesn't have a support next to the volume buttons because there's no space for it, physically.

One thing is for sure, there's not a single phone with a perfect build one might have in their mind, that's not loose buttons, not a loose screen. It's true, the quality has decreased a lot but I think we're overreacting.
    12-15-2014 12:41 PM
    Yeah. I too noticed this structural weak point and saw it moving ever so slightly on all my other 6's. However, some click and some don't. I think I'd prefer to get a refund and perhaps buy one later when they possibly sort it out.
    12-15-2014 04:45 PM
    Yeah. I too noticed this structural weak point and saw it moving ever so slightly on all my other 6's. However, some click and some don't. I think I'd prefer to get a refund and perhaps buy one later when they possibly sort it out.
    Sorry to say this but the giving in is probably gonna stay forever. There's physically no room to add support there. It's been the same since the original iPhone.
    12-15-2014 05:06 PM
    Sorry to say this but the giving in is probably gonna stay forever. There's physically no room to add support there. It's been the same since the original iPhone.
    If there's enough devices with audible, clicking screens, then I believe something will have to be done. "The phone should not be loose or click". - quoted from apple support.
    12-15-2014 05:12 PM
    I still have the original iPhone sitting here on my desk and it's still solid. Never had the problem you describe. None of my iPhones have had this problem. From the Original, 3GS, 4S, 5S and now the 6 Plus.

12-15-2014 06:41 PM
    I still have the original iPhone sitting here on my desk and it's still solid. Never had the problem you describe. None of my iPhones have had this problem. From the Original, 3GS, 4S, 5S and now the 6 Plus.

I'm not on about the specific giving in the 6 has. The 2G, 3G and 3GS had the light bleeding next to the volume buttons, which many people would "fix" by taking the phone apart and putting some black tape. Don't tell me you don't remember.
    12-15-2014 06:44 PM
    Never had any light bleed on any iPhone I have owned. The only issue I've ever had was my 3GS headphone jack went out. That's it in 5 iPhones.

12-15-2014 06:48 PM
43 12