Why is my iPhone 6 Facebook Messenger notification sound not working?

PAjohn

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Iphone 6 facebook messenger's notification sound not working. Having the same problem?

I have got all notifications turned on but i still dont recieve SOUND notifications on any new messeges..

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Iphone 6 facebook messenger's notification sound not working.

1. Is the phone's mute switch enabled?
2. Is the volume level set to a decent level?
3. Have you gone to Settings - Sounds - Facebook (if applicable) and verified the alert tone?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is the alert sound enabled in the Facebook Messenger app's settings? 1. Set the alert sound on in the App:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418084753.507794.jpg

2. Set the Notifications for Facebook Messenger. Go to Settings >Notifications >Messenger> Toggle on Notifications at top, toggle on "Sounds". Choose "Alerts" at bottom.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418084955.342987.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

CJ HANSELMAN

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem I get my messages on the facebook messenger app but no notifications even thou I have notifications turned on.

Kacarr1516

May 9, 2016
Visit site
I am having a problem with my messenger notifications as well. I have an iPhone 6 and all of my notification settings are on. Everything dealing with notification for messenger and Facebook are on. The only time receive a notification for a new Facebook message, is while I'm in the app itself. It wont even show up on the icon, lock screen or notification bar, if I have a new message. This started happening maybe 3 days ago and I don't think I had changed anything at all between that time.

ejbr1

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
After much research, it turns out it was a simple fix for me. On the left side of the phone at the top there is a sliding button. If it shows orange, these calls will mute. So flip it so that it is silver/grey and voila! Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2