OCD problem on iPhone - battery indicator

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Just have to say ... My opinion , as some one who has OCD as a child, and still do.. Take RX etc.. I strongly hate when people throw the term OCD around. if this was my biggest issue, I'd be thrilled .

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
In response to the OP: For the battery percentage indicator turning off, I've noticed that if I have too many status icons in the top right, it will remove the percentage indicator to make room. Specifically, if I have do not disturb turned on, bluetooth, and an alarm for the next morning set, they all take up icons space in the top right of the screen, which removes the battery percentage status to make room I guess. If I either remove my alarm, or turn off DND, the percentage returns.

Going off of your screenshot, if you turn off rotation lock or turn DND off, does the percentage come back?

Rishi Desai

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
In response to the OP: For the battery percentage indicator turning off, I've noticed that if I have too many status icons in the top right, it will remove the percentage indicator to make room. Specifically, if I have do not disturb turned on, bluetooth, and an alarm for the next morning set, they all take up icons space in the top right of the screen, which removes the battery percentage status to make room I guess. If I either remove my alarm, or turn off DND, the percentage returns.

Going off of your screenshot, if you turn off rotation lock or turn DND off, does the percentage come back?

I usually always have do not disturb turned on. Just so I dont get distracted when I am doing my work. With an alarm, lock rotation and DND turned on the percentage stays on. I have turned it off though for the past two weeks or so because I hate seeing the battery percentage there. Was wondering If people turned it off on purpose, just like I did.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine stays on. But I rarely look at it. I need to when it gets below 20%. This old iP 5 goes fast below 20%. If I'm not careful, I'm in the middle of something and the phone suddenly shuts down. Lol, I just got this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418006473.349209.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I usually always have do not disturb turned on. Just so I dont get distracted when I am doing my work. With an alarm, lock rotation and DND turned on the percentage stays on. I have turned it off though for the past two weeks or so because I hate seeing the battery percentage there. Was wondering If people turned it off on purpose, just like I did.

Ohhhh, I get it. I thought you were asking why your percentage goes off when it you have it toggled on. You were asking if anyone purposely turns it off to avoid going OCD on the remaining percentage. I totally misunderstood your post. My bad :).

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Percentage was the best thing to happen to the iPhone. I don't like guessing either! However, I guess I could wait for the 20% indicator. Lol I have OCD but I'm glad this doesn't bother me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods