Do you read on your iPhone 6?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 plus ordered. The main reason I wanted the bigger screen was for reading. I don't have an iPad right now and was looking to use the iPhone for reading books and articles that I save for work. I have had a 5s and I don't like reading on that. Too small. Obviously the 6 is bigger. I went back and forth on which to order and ultimately decided on the plus but I know the 6 would be easier to carry around. Still just not sure. Thanks for any input.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I read some (mostly PDFs) on my 6. It is easy to read and is perfect for one hand use. I have no problem when I need to read anything using my 6.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Do some reading on my 6, but I do prefer if I'm going to be a lot of reading. to do on my iPad or MBA.

ig33k

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Definitely! I read a lot on my 6+ and I can say it's a pleasure. The screen is large enough to make it easy, but small enough to be perfectly portable. It's the perfect all in one device! Enjoy your 6+ and be sure that you'll have a great time using it!

Sent from my iPhone 6 PLUS!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I actually read on my 5s but i also have perfect eye sight

Yeah. I read on mine as well. I also have perfect vision. It was fine when I had my iPad to do most of my reading on and only used it sparingly. Since I gave the iPad to my wife for work I am going to do more reading on my phone until I get another iPad.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I use my iPhone 6 as my primary device for reading. I buy all my books through Amazon and read them on the Kindle app. I read about an hour each day and it works great for me. The only downside is having to swipe pages more frequently.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Well I just found out that my 6 plus will be arriving today. I'm going to give the larger phone a go. I can always switch to a 6 if I don't like it. Thank you for all the feedback. I always appreciate the help.

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on the iP6 Plus. I read quite a bit on my iP6 and it is no problem. I didn't have the choice of going with the iP6 Plus (company phone) or I may have gotten that instead. I know a few folks who intentionally went right to the iP6 Plus with the intention of not replacing their aging iPads. They seem to be happy customers so far. Good luck with your iP6 Plus.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It came this afternoon. Still setting up. Unfortunately I'm working so I can't play until later. I'll do some initial impressions in the appropriate thread over in the 6 plus forum. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1417467510.384540.jpg

Agrinho

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I read on websites or stories on websites(always have loved the reader functionality), but so far, I haven't read books on it. Still happier to use my Sony e-Reader for that. I have read some short novels on my iPad - the bigger screen comes in handy.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
More then on iPad even due to convenience.
I have lousy eyesight but have no problems reading on phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSOgymrat

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't mind reading books on my iPhone 6 Plus during a lunch break, the screen is definitely large enough and very clear, but if I am sitting down for a couple of hours with a book I prefer an e-ink reader.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I read on the 6 Plus last night and it was nice. It's not as nice as reading on the iPad but comfortable to look at and hold. I read for about a hour and had no issues. I really am surprised at home comfortable the 6 plus is to hold and use. It's big but sometime doesn't feel as big as the Note phones I have had in the past.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Forums and whatnot, yes. I don't read books or magazines all that often on any sort of device bec I prefer the hard copy.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I read forums, email, news, etc on my iphone 6. However, I don't do a lot of book reading on my iPhone 6 unless I'm traveling.

April920

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the 5s don't read any books but do read through forums. For reading I use my N7

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh