I have a quick question about AppleCare + and A cracked iPhone 6 screen!!!

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, Hope your weekend was good.

I cracked the screen on my iPhone 6 and I have a few questions.

1. is Apple replacing screens themselves yet or are they still replacing the whole phone because they don't have the parts yet?

2. I have AppleCare + and if I file one of those claims the cost will be $79 dollars. I know to replace the screen it is only $129 I believe. Instead of waisting one of my apple care claims since I only get 2 do you think they will let me just pay the $129?

Thank you in advance.

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, Hope your weekend was good.

I cracked the screen on my iPhone 6 and I have a few questions.

1. is Apple replacing screens themselves yet or are they still replacing the whole phone because they don't have the parts yet?

2. I have AppleCare + and if I file one of those claims the cost will be $79 dollars. I know to replace the screen it is only $129 I believe. Instead of waisting one of my apple care claims since I only get 2 do you think they will let me just pay the $129?

Thank you in advance.

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!

Did Apple ever replace the screens themselves? I thought they always just replaced the phone.

Not sure about the second question.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I remember when I cracked my 5S screen I paid $49 (I think a little more than that) for a screen replacement from Apple because that's the price I qualified for under Apple Care Plus. I didn't use up one of my two replacements.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I had a loose left top corner on my 6 plus screen. Apple replaced the screen in store for free this past Saturday. So yes apple is doing in-store screen replacements now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro