considering iPhone 6

putney1477

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, I am a long time user of android phones. I am considering and iPhone 6 because my daughters entire school is apple friendly. I haven't a clue as to how to use an iPhone. Can someone answer a few questions for me? Can I change the font, can I use widgets like on an android phone, can I use non stock apps for text, calendar etc? Do I have to get my music from iTunes? Right now I have an mp3 music downloaded that I get my music from. If you jailbreak an iPhone, is it similar rooting an android phone, basically giving admin prprivileges?

Thanks for all your help and I apologize in advance for my newness :)

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, I am a long time user of android phones. I am considering and iPhone 6 because my daughters entire school is apple friendly. I haven't a clue as to how to use an iPhone. Can someone answer a few questions for me? Can I change the font, can I use widgets like on an android phone, can I use non stock apps for text, calendar etc? Do I have to get my music from iTunes? Right now I have an mp3 music downloaded that I get my music from. If you jailbreak an iPhone, is it similar rooting an android phone, basically giving admin prprivileges?

Hello and welcome.... First of all apple products are great, and will you lose a tad bit of customization from the android? Yes! But you are trading a few minor customization options for a more (in my opinion) smoother software. In terms of changing certain things you mentioned yes they are possible through jailbreak. I am not a jailbreak person and don't know if ones available yet for iOS 8 but I'm sure one of our other members can help you figure out that end of things. Once again welcome to iMore and good luck with your decision

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

iPhones are known for its simplicity and user friendliness. You can change the text size but not the font unless you jailbreak. Widgets are available on the notification center only, unlike Android. You can download music, buy them from iTunes, or stream them via Spotify, etc... jailbreaking an iPhone makes it more like an Android device. From my past experience, jailbreaking an iPhone makes the phone a little rusty and not as smooth as it should be.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
IPhones are more simplistic and only if the device is on 8.1 (Not 8.1.1) can you still jailbreak. Jailbreaking is pretty much like rooting. Except that you can definitely do more customization with a stock Android than a stock iPhone. As for music, well there isn't too many download options like Android. Apple is big on preventing piracy.

I've got both an Android and an iPhone. I don't think I'd like having to only choose one over the other to be honest... Good luck!

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It is an easy transition from Android to iPhone, as far as music goes you can just move the Mp3 file to your iTunes on a PC and sync to phone, I recommend paying for it of course. Widgets are different and there are many non-stock apps in the app store for text, calendar me I just use stock. Tried Jailbreaking but found it to be to bugging for me, but it does give more freedom to customize your device.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It's a pretty easy transition between the two. MP3 can be added into iTunes on your computer and transferred to the iPhone. If you jailbreak your phone it is just like rooting and you will have all of those customization options you'd like. You can change font sizes but if you jailbreak Bytafont 2 will allow you to change the font.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2