How do I know if my phone is unlocked?

rajsmbhansali

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Unlocked iphone 6 from Apple Store but invoice says AT&T

Hello,

I made a purchase of Iphone 6 at full price yesterday from Grand Central NY Apple Store. I wanted to buy an unlocked device so that i can take it back to India. Hence i asked the sales rep for an unlocked version / T-mobile one, however i was told by the sales rep that all the phones sold at full price at Apple Store are unlocked and T-mobile ones are out of stock i can pick up AT&T one which as well will be unlocked by default. So i decided to pick one up . While going through the invoice i can read "It can be used only with AT&T wireless service" :( :( :(

Kinda confused here if this is actually an unlocked phone or not?? Can some one explain if any idea about this. How can i check if this phone is unlocked or not and is there any kind of regional lock - Like say i check with different sims from US and it works however if i go back to India and it won't work???

Any suggestions help will be great here.. :)

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• i6 invoice.jpg
    i6 invoice.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 46

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: Unlocked iphone 6 from Apple Store but invoice says AT&T

It will work internationally as well. It is fully unlocked when you buy it at full retail from Apple. You're good to go.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unlocked iphone 6 from Apple Store but invoice says AT&T

AT&T and T-Mobile models are the same, so if you buy either model they will work internationally and on the same carriers.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2