iPhone 6 Desktop Charger

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone found a desktop charger for the iphone 6 that is compatible with a case? Specifically the Spigen Neo Hybrid?

I have the Belkin Desktop Charge/Sync Cradle and this was great with my iphone 5 as their were and are a bunch of cases that have the entire bottom section of the case open so that it fits in the dock. By open I don't mean a snap on I actually mean the bottom of the case doesn't have plastic dividers to separate the charge port and headphones meaning it docks perfectly. Sadly Incipio who made the dock friendly cases have changed their design on the iPhone 6 cases and now the bottom is divided up into sections meaning not enough room to fit in the dock with the cases on. I don't want to be taking the cases on and off to dock as this is usually when I drop it and damage it! Also I don't want a slider case because no matter what they say they're too fiddly to remove and attach quickly.

Just wondered if anyone knows of a desktop charger that has a lightning plug slim enough to use with a case on? I love having my iphone in a desktop cradle on my bedside table as I can glance over when I get a notification instead of having to pick it up to see who and what. Also I can use my iphone as a bedside clock/ weather station too!

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I've seen that in the Apple Store here in the UK, it looks great but I really need to know if this or any others work with an actual case on?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I think the key is it only works with the apple cases. Looks like I will need to get an apple case to use my desktop charger.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Haha yes I'm quite capable of searching on google it's just none of them really explain if they're case friendly!

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Haha thanks, this one never came up in any of my searches. Wonder if it's because I'm in the UK and this is a US site. You often find Google prioritises local results so it's likely this was buried a few pages deep.

Has anyone got this particular stand? It looks really good but it's so hard to tell from a photo if this does the job.

Todd Dammitq

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Using the EverDock Duo from Fuz Designs for iPhone 6 with Spigen Neo Hybrid case and iPad Air. Perfect solution for me. [redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Using the EverDock Duo from Fuz Designs for iPhone 6 with Spigen Neo Hybrid case and iPad Air. Perfect solution for me. [redacted]

Thanks brilliant! That's the case in using also and I really needed to hear from someone who has actually used a dock with this case! Cheers I'm going to order it now

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Look at the Case-Mate though or naked tough they will work with the Belkin charger.

Ah cheers I will do that. I didn't realise the other charges require your own cable and it's all a bit dodgy having to clamp your cable into the dock. I love Belkin charger I have as it's nice looking and really solid it's just it only works with the bottom of the case exposed. I'm tempted to get one of the apple leather cases as they are exposed. Just not sure I like the look of them. I LOVE my Spigen Neo Hybrid and if I can I want to keep using it. Such a pain that the dock manufacturers don't design the docks to have more of the adapter sticking up. I read somewhere that there's a restriction on use of the lightning connector that only a certain measurement is allowed to protrude so this I'm sure explains why each dock only has the same size adapter sticking out. I ideally need another 5-10mm between the adapter and the bottom of the dock. I know Belkin now do the dock that has a height adjustable connector but it doesn't raise the connector height it just moves the entire bottom part of the dock which is silly!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW