I downloaded the free David Guetta album when I added my Chase card to ApplyPay during the free offer and have a question.

The album immediately showed up on my iPhone and there is no way it downloaded that quickly. So I was curious, when I play it, is it streaming from Apple's servers or it is playing locally?

I would rather actually have the files than just streaming them if that's the case. So did I actually get a copy or just a virtual one?

Also, anyone have an idea why we didn't get all the tracks from the album? Some are missing.
    11-24-2014 12:39 PM
    I downloaded the free David Guetta album when I added my Chase card to ApplyPay during the free offer and have a question.

The album immediately showed up on my iPhone and there is no way it downloaded that quickly. So I was curious, when I play it, is it streaming from Apple's servers or it is playing locally?

I would rather actually have the files than just streaming them if that's the case. So did I actually get a copy or just a virtual one?

Also, anyone have an idea why we didn't get all the tracks from the album? Some are missing.
    It's streamed until you download it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-24-2014 12:55 PM
    Thanks for the reply. But the question is How do I download it?

Do I have to do it through iTunes and sync it? Or can I download it on the phone itself?

Also something else that confuses me. When I go into Settings, General, About, it shows I have 14 songs on the phone. But how can that be if they are being streamed?
    11-24-2014 01:02 PM
    They are downloaded to the phone. At least mine are. Do you see a cloud icon next to the song names? If not, they are in the phone. If so, tap the cloud icon to download.
    To get them on a PC, you'll need to use iTunes signed into the same account, and use menu option for "check for available downloads".
    11-24-2014 01:54 PM
    If it's downloaded on your phone just plug it into iTunes and choose file>device> transfer purchases from device and it will transfer over the album into your iTunes library.
    11-24-2014 07:38 PM