Zagg HDX or Glass?

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got my phone replaced and lost the original Zagg glass SP I had on it. Now that I need another one, I'm wondering if glass is the way to go.

The HDX is supposed to have 99% of the clarity that the glass SP does and be 3x more impact resistant. I'm a trainer in fitness studio all day and my phone falls a fair amount (in its Commuter case!) off of benches, etc and I've got a very "curious" 3-YO shall we say.

At any rate, I'm wondering if the HDX would be a better option given those two things. If it doesn't have that orange peel/tacky/rubbery feel to it, it might have a leg up on the glass.

Thanks a ton to anyone who takes the time out of their day to chime in!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've got a Zagg glass on mine. There is a tiny scratch on it now but I've had it in my purse with all kinds of other items. I'm very happy with it, very smooth feel to it. I've also got a Zagg Glass on my Note 4. Love the product.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Have have the HDX on my 6 Plus and glass in my 5 and I can tell the difference except the thickness of the glass. I think I may like the HDX better.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Have have the HDX on my 6 Plus and glass in my 5 and I can tell the difference except the thickness of the glass. I think I may like the HDX better.

It feels as smooth? Nice, that may have helped make up my mind.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Yup. You literally can't tell the difference when it's in the phone.

And I think it's a bit better with fingerprints.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
That's what I was hoping. I've used Zagg shields before but they clarity was reduced and they had a tacky/rubbery feel.

About the same amount of coverage as the glass?

co_mtn_grl

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a new Zagg HDX on my 5s and it is super smooth. I was surprised at the smoothness. It really is 'self-healing" as well. I had a case on it that put indentations into the Zagg, after a few days they were gone :)

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
That's what I was hoping. I've used Zagg shields before but they clarity was reduced and they had a tacky/rubbery feel.

About the same amount of coverage as the glass?

I felt that rubbery feeling. Like a gel-type screen protector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I ended up going with glass again. I went to best buy today and the glass was on sale for $23.99 so that was a hard trigger to not pull.

The clarity is tough to beat! Thank you very much to everyone who chimed in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rjgjr#IM

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the glass but it wouldn't sit well around the edges. Tried four of them at best buy. All the same. I prefer glass but ended up going with hdx. It has adhered all the way around... Unlike the glass. hope to swap it out for glass one day if I know it will work better. Loved the glass on my 5s. Hdx isn't bad

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I will be on my 3rd SP in 3 days tomorrow. The first Zagg glass I got came up in a corner. The second today already cracked from simply running my finger nail on the top to get it to stay down. Maybe I got two from a bad batch?

I'm thinking HDX is better at this point?

Last edited:

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Overall you like the zagg screens? Because they are doing a buy one get one right now on any screen from what I have seen

Sent from my Gold iPhone using Tapatalk

I do like Zagg. But, I bought a 3 pack of Tech Armor screen protectors, and couldn't be happier. Just as good as HDX or Glass IMO, but a lot cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711