Zagg HDX or Glass?

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
The hub and I loved the smoothness and clarity of the Zagg glass on our 6+'s but he had to do a warranty replacement within the first couple of weeks for his due to chips (which turned into cracks) that showed up from regular use (no drops) and I had to replace mine because the right side was lifting off the screen.

All was well again until small chips showed up again on the bottom of his glass about a week later. Again, not dropped. He said he could deal with the tiny chips for a while especially since the glass was lined up perfectly on his screen, lol. ;)

Anyway, last week I noticed a tiny hairline crack in my Zagg glass that went diagonally across the bottom half of my phone. Hard to see so it doesn't bother me too much but It is definitely there and I don't feel it while typing or swiping but I can feel it if I move my fingernail softly over it.

But now there is a tiny chip on the left hand side which has also turned into a crack. And my phone hasn't been dropped.

So we both decided to try the HDX instead of possibly having to switch out the glass every few weeks. I spoke to the Zagg people and they said they would gladly do a warranty replacement for the HDX. So they are sending out HDX shields to us and hopefully these will work better for us. I've heard that the glass is great for drop protection but since I use a lanyard on all my cases, I'm not concerned about drops. Also, the rep said that if we didn't like the HDX, we could switch back to the glass, no problem.

All I have to say is that whether you choose the glass or HDX, Zagg's customer service is exemplary and we are really happy with them. :)

Update:

Got our HDX replacements today (took less than a week!) and they look great and feel almost the same as the glass, just not as sleek and is slightly cushion-y or tacky due to it's self-reparative properties (only noticeable when touching the screen with your fingernail or when pressing down harder than usual or swiping fast for games). Will update if there are any issues but I doubt we'll have any because our main concern was the random chipping/cracking of the glass.

Really pleased with Zagg. :)

Last edited:

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/12/484b1025cfd8900839ffb25415ff0594.jpg
My iPad camera isn't good but you can notice the bit of air space around the edges on the black, and I'm on my 2nd glass already since the first one I bought from zagg broke after taking it out of the mail box and very peeling off the backiguess it was the cold air and the way I was holding it

Sent from my Gold iPhone using Tapatalk

Had same issue with mine man an it kind of annoyed me. I paid the 8 dollar fee at bestbuy to have them do it, guy screwed up one then did another it was still same and he actually accused me of dropping my phone because " hes done these and never had one look like that' I took it off dont like it at all im going back to my lifeproof

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Had same issue with mine man an it kind of annoyed me. I paid the 8 dollar fee at bestbuy to have them do it, guy screwed up one then did another it was still same and he actually accused me of dropping my phone because " hes done these and never had one look like that' I took it off dont like it at all im going back to my lifeproof

I hope they refunded your money, how is the life proof? I had one on my 4s and found it to be a hassle to keep up with the little pieces

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I hope they refunded your money, how is the life proof? I had one on my 4s and found it to be a hassle to keep up with the little pieces

They didn't refund it at all told me contact zag replacement. I'm actually on otterbox commuter my life proof near home button I shoulda know better then get black it's ok of case I'm gonna sell it in eBay or something if u get one go with white one

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I was very tempted to get an HDX or a Zagg glass but for 20 bucks with my discount, the Verizon glass SP is serving me well!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes. And it has a good feel to it and feels like glass once it's on and thinner than the glass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome! And thanks.

I have just ordered one, do you use the HDX yourself?

Accidently dropped my iPhone earlier today, and wanted to protect it since then.

Sent from my iPhone 6

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Awesome! And thanks.

I have just ordered one, do you use the HDX yourself?

Accidently dropped my iPhone earlier today, and wanted to protect it since then.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Yes I have it on my 6 Plus and 5C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I was very tempted to get an HDX or a Zagg glass but for 20 bucks with my discount, the Verizon glass SP is serving me well!

d442480ab04351f027393b84a2944501.jpg

If your near a best buy just show them the price they have it for online and they should give it to you for that price, that's what they did for me.

Sent from my Space-G iPhone using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, my zagg glass screen protector chipped today! I've had it since I got my phone about a month ago and it chipped for no apparent reason. I baby my phone and never put it in my pocket or put anything on it and bam all of a sudden it has a chip on the bottom. Now I need to order a replacement and have it redone. :(

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, my zagg glass screen protector chipped today! I've had it since I got my phone about a month ago and it chipped for no apparent reason. I baby my phone and never put it in my pocket or put anything on it and bam all of a sudden it has a chip on the bottom. Now I need to order a replacement and have it redone. :(

That seems to be a common complaint from people. That's why I went with the HDX.

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Is the HDX a thin film type material? They have a buy 1 get 1 offer but I have an Olloclip and it won't work with glass.

Yes. The HDX is thinner than glass. Thicker than a regular screen protector but closer in thickness to that than the glass.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Would love to ring in on this but when I bought the HDX at Target last night I bought the SP for the 6+ instead of the 6. Should've read the box haha. Taking it back today.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711