iphone 6 64gb stolen, insured by Asurion. Advertise next day service, well, their response to my claim "OH I'm sorry but do to the popularity of the iphone 6 we are out of stock, your claim is put on back order and we should have a device in 7-10 days"!! 7-10 days that sure isn't very close to next day service. I call them to discuss this and inform them that it wasn't acceptable since the number to that phone is the only contact # 4 me. Since they can't provideme eith a phone I am forced to purchase another phone at full price, what is the use of having insurance? I have medical issues that could become life threatening so I hae to have a phone. Basicly Asurion would not offer me a means to replace my stolen phone and I even told them I would take ANY phone,t even a 16gb, no joy "Oh well we can only replace the same device that was insured. Bottom line is if your insured with ASURION I recommend you find another insurer, they should have very well known that Apple always runs into diffiiculty regarding inventory when a new device comes out, they should have considered and planned on this sort of scenario, they didn't, poor management, loser company. NOTSOASURION
    11-22-2014 08:59 PM
    New iPhones are still 7-10 days out. Their policy does state that if they cannot replace your phone they are supposed to offer something comparable. I have a hard time believing that they could do absolutely nothing for you. It sounds like they could not get you an iPhone 6, and anything else is unacceptable.

If it were me, I would file the claim, go to Verizon and start a new line of service with something immediately available. As long as you are within 14 days you can return it when Asurion sends you your insurance replacement.
    boovish and mommybetts like this.
    11-22-2014 10:25 PM
    Wow that's unbelievable
    11-22-2014 10:33 PM
    Asurion covers most cellphone carriers. While they usually do offer a comparable model, the issue is that there really isn't one for the 6. Perhaps the rep felt that nothing she/he would offer could be in the same financial bracket. That's actually the difficulty of the iPhone replacement background, each new model is worth more and has varying specs/price.

I remember a rep over at Asurion telling me they prefer Android phone replacements because there is usually always a comparable model.
    serglb likes this.
    11-23-2014 05:20 AM
    I'm really sorry for your trouble, arguing with insurances are always a hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-23-2014 06:54 AM
    Not ideal but could you borrow a cheap old phone for 7-10 days from a friend? At least you'll have call ability while you wait. Since availability is low perhaps they are ordering you a new rather then refurb. Just trying to find some positive in it. Good luck.

serglb likes this.
    11-23-2014 09:22 AM
    Crazy. So glad my iPhone hasn't got stolen. My iPad got stolen last year but luckily the person who stole it gave it back to me.
    11-23-2014 08:39 PM
    Wow... sorry to hear about your troubles.
    11-23-2014 09:07 PM
    This is the only insurance that I trust. If for whatever reason your exact model isn't available for exchange at the time. you're issued a loner phone while you wait for yours to come in ...
    AppleCare+ for iPhone - Apple Store (U.S.)
    Asurion Fail-applecare-plus.jpeg
    11-24-2014 11:46 AM
    This is the only insurance that I trust. If for whatever reason your exact model isn't available for exchange at the time. you're issued a loner phone while you wait for yours to come in ...
    AppleCare+ for iPhone - Apple Store (U.S.)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APPLECARE-plus.jpeg 
Views:	239 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	72158
    That doesn't cover lost/stolen though. So the OP still would have been out of luck..
    11-24-2014 11:51 AM
    Damn that sucks they wouldn't give you something to use while i6 comes in . Other options for insurance would be your car insurance company some of them cover smartphones . Also house insurance . Just need to make sure it covers lost /stolen phones . Like square trade is good covers everything but lost/ stolen 😢 . Dunno if Apple care covers lost or stolen think just damage to phone
    11-24-2014 03:25 PM
    There is another company....Square something....can't remember the name. People love it.

EDIT: oh....oooooooops.......poster before me had the name.
    11-24-2014 04:59 PM
    Hi Hammerit,

Due to the popularity of the iPhone 6 and current supply constraints, new inventory is currently unavailable. As we do not manufacture the devices, we are subject to the same supply constraints as retailers. Please know that we are processing shipments as quickly as possible, as inventory becomes available and we appreciate your patience while we work to get you reconnected!
    11-25-2014 02:25 PM
    Hi Hammerit,

Due to the popularity of the iPhone 6 and current supply constraints, new inventory is currently unavailable. As we do not manufacture the devices, we are subject to the same supply constraints as retailers. Please know that we are processing shipments as quickly as possible, as inventory becomes available and we appreciate your patience while we work to get you reconnected!
    While this great that you are reaching out to him, it still doesn't help him. He is without a phone until you guys decide to fulfill your end of the deal. If I paid for your insurance and you weren't able to provide me a replacement is be pissed. Especially since this is my only phone, and the number that school has for my kids, the number my parents have etc. long story short, he is paying for a service that you aren't providing. Make it right!

jaleesag88 likes this.
    11-25-2014 07:27 PM
    wow after reading this thread, i feel like i'm wasting money by paying for this insurance.
    jasonprice likes this.
    11-25-2014 11:50 PM
    I have tmobile and had to file a claim today (stolen phone) and due to the lack of inventory with tmobile, the ONLY thing they offered me was a "cash allowance" of the full retail cost minus the $175 deductible. This meant that I had to go out, purchase another phone at full cost, then send in a copy of the receipt and Assurant would send a refund check of $816 minus the $175 deductible, which takes 10 business days.

They would not allow for sending a phone of comparable value or any other exceptions whatsoever. My only choice was take a complete loss with zero replacement or compensation and not file the claim, or take the "cash allowance" offer.

Never had that issue with AT&T, which I also have.
    11-26-2014 12:48 AM
    It's an iPhone 6 64 gb. Stores barely have those readily available. So the insurance company definitely wouldn't. It's an amazingly popular phone. If I had life threatening medical issues I would have a home phone AND a backup phone. You can't fault the insurance company for not having the worlds most popular phone when you can't even walk into an Apple Store and just buy one. And there isn't a comparable phone for them to offer. The iPhone 6 is the iPhone 6. What else could they possibly offer?
    DarlaMack likes this.
    11-30-2014 09:30 PM
    While this great that you are reaching out to him, it still doesn't help him. He is without a phone until you guys decide to fulfill your end of the deal. If I paid for your insurance and you weren't able to provide me a replacement is be pissed. Especially since this is my only phone, and the number that school has for my kids, the number my parents have etc. long story short, he is paying for a service that you aren't providing. Make it right!

Get a home phone!! I can't believe the entitlement you people possess. You think it's the company's responsibility to keep you connected when YOU lose your phone or it gets stolen. No. If being connected is that important to you then you should have a back up plan. My phone gets stolen...I've got a back up phone waiting. It's that simple.
    11-30-2014 09:32 PM
    Asurion is historically a terrible company, especially when it comes to price and service. You get much faster and better service through either AppleCare or SquareTrade. Plus, they are cheaper than paying $10-$15 per month for Asurion's terrible coverage.
    11-30-2014 09:43 PM
    Get a home phone!! I can't believe the entitlement you people possess. You think it's the company's responsibility to keep you connected when YOU lose your phone or it gets stolen. No. If being connected is that important to you then you should have a back up plan. My phone gets stolen...I've got a back up phone waiting. It's that simple.
    It's not entitlement to expect a company to follow through with a service that you pay for. Assurion should have a better plan for these types of situations though. These days, it's becoming more rare for people to have a home phone. It's cheaper to have an additional line on your cell plan than to have a home phone in some cases. I agree though, if having a phone is that important to someone, they should have a backup phone or plan.

Cell phone insurance sucks in general. They have failed me in the past too, which is why I not only have a backup phone, but AppleCare and my phone listed on my homeowners policy.

jclisenby likes this.
    11-30-2014 09:58 PM
    It's not entitlement to expect a company to follow through with a service that you pay for. Assurion should have a better plan for these types of situations though. These days, it's becoming more rare for people to have a home phone. It's cheaper to have an additional line on your cell plan than to have a home phone in some cases. I agree though, if having a phone is that important to someone, they should have a backup phone or plan.

Cell phone insurance sucks in general. They have failed me in the past too, which is why I not only have a backup phone, but AppleCare and my phone listed on my homeowners policy.

They are following through but if they don't have the phone you're expecting it isn't their fault. They don't manufacture the phones. They do what they can with what they have available. They will replace the phone once inventory allows.
    11-30-2014 09:59 PM
    Doesn't look like you know what you're talking about...

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    11-30-2014 10:00 PM
    Doesn't look like you know what you're talking about...

I absolutely do. I don't have a home phone, I carry carrier insurance and I have a back up phone for situations like these. I understand that it's not a company's responsibility to provide me anything they don't physically have and can't reasonably get. Things happen. We have the worlds most popular phone at the moment. NOBODY can keep these in stock. Why do you expect your insurance company will be able to. My phone is my life...so it's with that thought that I ensure my own connectivity. I don't rely on anyone.
    11-30-2014 10:02 PM
    They are following through but if they don't have the phone you're expecting it isn't their fault. They don't manufacture the phones. They do what they can with what they have available. They will replace the phone once inventory allows.
    I never said they should have the phone in stock. If you look at the beginning of this thread, I also mentioned that the phone in question was in high demand. But it's common for people to only have a cell phone these days. There should be a better backup plan in place. A loaner phone, something. Telling people that they will not have a phone for 7-10 days just doesn't sit well with me.

11-30-2014 10:05 PM
    I absolutely do. I don't have a home phone, I carry carrier insurance and I have a back up phone for situations like these. I understand that it's not a company's responsibility to provide me anything they don't physically have and can't reasonably get. Things happen. We have the worlds most popular phone at the moment. NOBODY can keep these in stock. Why do you expect your insurance company will be able to. My phone is my life...so it's with that thought that I ensure my own connectivity. I don't rely on anyone.
    I was referring to you calling this "entitlement". While I agree there is a general sense of entitlement in the this county, I don't think this an example of it. If I paid for insurance like the OP, I would expect to get what I paid for. Goodnight

11-30-2014 10:05 PM
33 12