I have this turned off for all my apps except BeWeather but Facebook always shows it as active.

Why is this and how can I stop it.

Thanks much

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    11-21-2014 12:36 PM
    I have this turned off for all my apps except BeWeather but Facebook always shows it as active.

Why is this and how can I stop it.

Thanks much

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...828838d213.jpg

Is it possible that there is a setting in the Facebook app eating the battery?
    11-21-2014 04:27 PM
    Hi Charlyee,

I don't know if this problems was resolved or not but I found the same issue posted in this link. http://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comme...und_even_with/

One thing that keeps coming up when I was looking for a fix for you here, is whether the person has location enabled for the Facebook App. If you have that on, try tuning it off as I don't think it is needed by that app. Hope this gets fixed for you soon.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    11-21-2014 06:15 PM
    Hi Charlyee,

I don't know if this problems was resolved or not but I found the same issue posted in this link. http://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comme...und_even_with/

One thing that keeps coming up when I was looking for a fix for you here, is whether the person has location enabled for the Facebook App. If you have that on, try tuning it off as I don't think it is needed by that app. Hope this gets fixed for you soon.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Hi Eileen, thanks very much for your help. I don't have Location Enabled. What is weird is I have the exact same settings on my phone and iPad, and it's only the phone that this happens on.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk
    11-21-2014 09:21 PM
    Ok my problem appears to be fixed, keeping my fingers crossed.

I am not exactly sure what fixed it since I tried many different things but it was related to "find nearby friends" option, which I had used once and turned it off.

I deleted the location history as well.

Thanks guys for your help.

Eileen89 likes this.
    11-22-2014 12:07 AM
    Do you stay signed into Facebook or do you logout? I always logout of Facebook just to make sure they aren't tracking me. I know on my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 I have all "Background Refresh" turned off but but under the Facebook selection in "Setting" it shows that it is enabled BUT is greyed out.
    11-23-2014 09:04 AM
    Do you stay signed into Facebook or do you logout? I always logout of Facebook just to make sure they aren't tracking me. I know on my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 I have all "Background Refresh" turned off but but under the Facebook selection in "Setting" it shows that it is enabled BUT is greyed out.
    I do stay logged in but will try logging out. My problem has come back, so definitely worth trying.

Thanks

11-23-2014 09:17 AM