The more I use Things, the more I like it.

Since I am a to-do app addict, I feel like Things has given my a new iPhone.

Word of caution: if you import your Reminders to Things, your native Reminders will disappear.
    Not a problem for me but maybe for those who think this app just mirrors what's on the Reminder app & vice versa.

I'm so happy I don't have to enter a time for items now - all day events is what I like.

Syncs between devices.

Good Luck
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 12-11-2014 at 08:16 PM.
    TechnologyTwitt and iPerry7 like this.
    11-22-2014 09:23 PM
    Check out the iMore Blog's comparison review via the following link.

http://www.imore.com/best-reminder-task-apps-iphone
    TurboTiger and iPerry7 like this.
    11-22-2014 09:46 PM
    I use Fantastical and Wunderlist. Though after Things going free I may toy around with it and see which works best for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-23-2014 01:44 AM
    Just got Clear and I'm really liking it. It "feels" really good if that makes any sense. Fast, fluid and simple. I do miss being able to sync to my android device like I could with Wunderlist, though.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-23-2014 04:20 AM
    I use Fantastical. Replaced the standard calendar and to-do list on my phone.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-26-2014 02:42 AM
    I also use the stock reminder app. You can create grocery or other shopping lists etc.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-26-2014 05:33 AM
    Hi guys,
    I am a proud owner of an iphone 6 I want to introduce some semblance of organization in my life and so was looking at some to-do list apps for my iphone. I came across, wunderlist, things (which is free now), any.do and todoist. Would you guys please tell me which to-do list app you use and why, so that i can make an informed decision? If there is any other app you use besides the ones i mentioned, please let me know. Thanks
    This is going to come down to a matter of personal preference. I've used a significant number of task/todo list apps, and nothing has struck me as the end-all-be-all of task management.

OmniFocus is a wonderful (and expensive) system if you are all iOS/Mac. The lack of Windows and web (natively) kind of kills it for me as a total package, though. I still use it for home projects and things that I want to keep out of my work system. I also wish we could tag or assign multiple contexts to tasks, but it doesn't seem like that will ever happen. If you have a Mac/iOS only setup, it might be worth investigating. It is expensive if you get all components, though (iPhone, iPad, Mac).

I'm trying Todoist out at the moment (only on day 2, so still a ways to go to see if it will work in my cross-platform work world). It has some project type support, tags (labels), and it has an Outlook plugin which is becoming increasingly more mandatory as I have projects that are heavy on the email.

I've tried Reminders with iCloud, but it always seemed to be lacking. Grouping things in a project required setting up multiple lists, and I never could just get it to work well for me in anything other than something akin to honeydo lists. I need tags and at least a rudimentary project level grouping.

I use Clear for shopping lists. It is easiest for me to "check things off" the list as I wander the aisles.

I've also looked at Remember the Milk (I like the search/filter of this product, but setting up project based lists, etc., can be a little cumbersome), ToodleDo (the native web app has a terrible UI, but it's there and this integrates with a lot of 3rd party apps), Wunderlist (very simple, but I didn't really fall in love with any part of it), PocketInformant (it can integrate with ToodleDo or its own PISync). I downloaded Things this week during its promotional deal and will look at it, but since it's a Mac/iOS only solution, too, I don't think I'll use it extensively. It may replace OmniFocus (which really is overkill for my personal needs), but we'll see.
    Last edited by applejosh; 01-24-2015 at 05:18 PM.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-26-2014 06:05 AM
    I use Anylist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-29-2014 01:06 PM
    Sync to an enterprise server is vital for me so I stick with Apple's Reminders app.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-29-2014 06:09 PM
    I used Wunderlist for awhile but when Things went free I jumped on it. Also using it on my Mac. Best decision IMO

Last edited by DarlaMack; 12-01-2014 at 08:05 AM.
    11-30-2014 10:00 AM
    I use Fantastical which connects to the built in reminders but allows native text input. When I use Siri it pulls into Fantastical.

For a shared list of to do (but mostly to share a grocery list) we use AnyList.

I also have Clear and redownloaded it to donate the $2 to (RED) so will give that a shot as well but depends on whether I can use Siri to update it.

I also downloaded Orderly and Things... Looking for the "perfect" app (for me) can be tough and I may already have it.
    DarlaMack and iPerry7 like this.
    11-30-2014 01:51 PM
    I used to use Reminders but it just didn't provide the function I was looking for. I switched to Wunderlist and am very happy with it. It syncs perfectly between all my devices, including the desktop app on my Windows PC from work.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    11-30-2014 06:44 PM
    I have tried fantastical, clear, wunderlist and I always come back to the basic reminders app.
    12-02-2014 05:43 PM
    I use sunrise its a calendar and reminder all in one.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    12-02-2014 06:11 PM
    Todoist - tried a bunch and none of them (looking back) come close.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    12-02-2014 06:46 PM
    I use Lumen Trails. I like it, haha.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    12-03-2014 03:16 AM
    Things my go to app

TurboTiger likes this.
    12-09-2014 09:46 AM
    I've tried just about everyone also, most have you playing with them and tweaking them then actually using them, if the native reminders app had clickable URLs and the ability to add pictures I would use that totally, but for now I use Omnifocus which can do all the above
    iPerry7 likes this.
    12-09-2014 01:34 PM

Word of caution: if you import your Reminders to Things, your native Reminders will disappear.
    Not a problem for me but maybe for those who think this app just mirrors what's on the Reminder app vice versa.

I'm so happy I don't have to enter a time for items now - all day events is what I like.

Syncs between devices.

Good Luck
    If things had the option to add pictures it would be the one for me, I like it a lot, but sometimes I'm at the mall with my wife or kids and they mention something they want especially around Christmas time, so I add the pic to a reminder in Omnifocus which is total overkill, I like Wunderlist, but I don't like that they use their own font, and the layout isn't the best, fantastical is great as well you can import pictures but you have to do it through Dropbox, I'm just stuck, I'm hoping things 3.0 will have the solution for me!
    12-09-2014 09:33 PM

Not a problem for me but maybe for those who think this app just mirrors what's on the Reminder app vice versa.

Syncs between devices.

Good Luck
    I have been giving things another try the last couple days and I'm really enjoying it, like I said only thing would be the ability to add pictures
    TurboTiger likes this.
    12-11-2014 07:19 PM
    I replied earlier with using Clear on my iPhone, but I recently purchased the Mac version to sync between all of my devices. They really need a better way of syncing your lists! Syncing through iCloud Drive has been completely unreliable. When it does work, it only wants to sync one way, from Mac to iPhone. Doesn't sync from iPhone to Mac. I have read through their forums and multiple people have syncing issues. I also followed through their FAQ on setting up the sync, and nothing works. Signing in/out, wiping icloud data etc.

In the store reviews, some people say that it works wonderful for them, so I'm confused. Contacted Apple and RealMacSoft to see what they say, but for now, if these can't sync its pretty useless for me. I will be trying out Todoist or going back to Wunderlist.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up.

*** After multiple times trying its finally looking like its syncing correctly. Not as fast as other services seem to, but it is. Let's hope it stays this way!!***
    Last edited by xderiwx; 12-19-2014 at 12:49 PM.
    iPerry7 likes this.
    12-17-2014 05:57 AM
    I replied earlier with using Clear on my iPhone, but I recently purchased the Mac version to sync between all of my devices. They really need a better way of syncing your lists! Syncing through iCloud Drive has been completely unreliable. When it does work, it only wants to sync one way, from Mac to iPhone. Doesn't sync from iPhone to Mac. I have read through their forums and multiple people have syncing issues. I also followed through their FAQ on setting up the sync, and nothing works. Signing in/out, wiping icloud data etc.

In the store reviews, some people say that it works wonderful for them, so I'm confused. Contacted Apple and RealMacSoft to see what they say, but for now, if these can't sync its pretty useless for me. I will be trying out Todoist or going back to Wunderlist.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up.

*** After multiple times trying its finally looking like its syncing correctly. Not as fast as other services seem to, but it is. Let's hope it stays this way!!***
    Lately, I've been avoiding any product for which I need syncing that only uses iCloud. iCloud has just been a steaming pile of stuff for me in terms of data sync. I use Clear for shopping lists, but I am pretty much just limiting my use to my phone; don't need to sync with my Mac or iPad.
    12-19-2014 09:13 PM
    I like Quest. it so funny & powerfull!
    12-27-2014 01:00 PM
    Just recently discovered todoist and I think I found my perfect match! Seriously am loving this app but you really have to pay for the premium to get the most use out of it
    iPerry7 likes this.
    12-29-2014 08:23 AM
    Lately, I've been avoiding any product for which I need syncing that only uses iCloud. iCloud has just been a steaming pile of stuff for me in terms of data sync. I use Clear for shopping lists, but I am pretty much just limiting my use to my phone; don't need to sync with my Mac or iPad.
    I can't say bad for iCloud except for it being close to or downright useless when your life uses more than Apple's platform. If you use the new ability to family share Apple ID, iCloud and Reminders app can be good.

Microsoft now has some Dropbox integration.

Sticking with the Reminders app not only gets you an Exchange client but lets you use the power of the Drafts app.

I'm still rigid in my belief that a good to do app must let you use different operating systems and clients but iCloud ID sharing can have an advantage if you have kids not on an enterprise system or not paying license fees.
    01-01-2015 10:52 AM
52 123