How do I pick a credit card for Apple Pay?

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
How to pick a credit card for Apple Pay

I am hoping someone can help me with this, it's about the only question I have not seen an article on!

I have 4 credit cards entered on my iPhone 6 for Apple Pay. I set up a default. I used it at the Apple Store. YAY!

BUT - how do I pick which credit card I want to use for a purchase? At Apple I Just held out the device with my thumb on the fingerprint thing and it used the default. What if I want to use another card for a particular transaction, how do I do it?

Thanks!

cmrobbins42

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to pick a credit card for Apple Pay

I am hoping someone can help me with this, it's about the only question I have not seen an article on!

I have 4 credit cards entered on my iPhone 6 for Apple Pay. I set up a default. I used it at the Apple Store. YAY!

BUT - how do I pick which credit card I want to use for a purchase? At Apple I Just held out the device with my thumb on the fingerprint thing and it used the default. What if I want to use another card for a particular transaction, how do I do it?

Thanks!

Before you scan your fingerprint you should (partially) see another card at the bottom of the screen (after holding the phone near the NFC terminal). Press here and it should expand so you see all of your apple pay cards. Select the one you want and then use Touch ID to pay.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

Ah - so I see my other cards at the bottom and I can pick one? I didn't notice that.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Yes. If you have your finger on the Touch ID scanner when you bring your phone to the NFC reader it will use your default card. If you keep your finger off you can select which card you want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR