Tired of screen protectors

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Gone through so many and all have specs behind the screen protector, went with the glass and hd one from zagg and all get specs behind the protector and glass one doesnt stick on the edge parts of the screen so i decided to get this case with cover so i can use without a screen protector.. Anyone uses these types of case without screen protectors?

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1416165979.397864.jpg

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Try power support screen protectors. They are sold at Apple stores. Ask one of the apple staff to put it in your device. They are fantastic.

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Gone through so many and all have specs behind the screen protector, went with the glass and hd one from zagg and all get specs behind the protector and glass one doesnt stick on the edge parts of the screen so i decided to get this case with cover so i can use without a screen protector.. Anyone uses these types of case without screen protectors?

View attachment 71546

^

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Try power support screen protectors. They are sold at Apple stores. Ask one of the apple staff to put it in your device. They are fantastic.

No apple store in my area its 2 hours away lol.. Like several best but staff installed them and one in a independent kiosk at the mall to all had specs and dust behind the protector :/ im very ocd with protectors..

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
No apple store in my area its 2 hours away lol.. Like several best but staff installed them and one in a independent kiosk at the mall to all had specs and dust behind the protector :/ im very ocd with protectors..

Same here. But the one I have now Is just great. If your OCD the worst thing is to notice a small scratch on the actual screen.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Same here. But the one I have now Is just great. If your OCD the worst thing is to notice a small scratch on the actual screen.

Thats why i want that case with a cover i have it for my ipad air with I don't use a screen protector on it because i have that cover of the case... And I don't usually put my iphone on my pockets a lot..

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

You really are concerned a lot with dust/protectors.... Didn't you just have one that went on perfect?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I can definitely understand OCD with screen protectors. I used to work for a cellphone shop and I'd have people visit from all over the city because of my obsession with putting them on perfectly. I use tempered glass with color on the edges so that if there is a tiny spec of dust, there is a great chance I won't see it!

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
You really are concerned a lot with dust/protectors.... Didn't you just have one that went on perfect?

It wasn't perfect but better through because I was able to take off the dusts... But last night my phone fell first time! It had the zagg glass and a spigen case it cracked the zagg glass but nothing happened to the phone, so had to get a new protector and I did but best buys guy went through 4 of them, and still had dust and specs... Problem my citys mall doesn't have a zagg kiosk :(

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
It wasn't perfect but better through because I was able to take off the dusts... But last night my phone fell first time! It had the zagg glass and a spigen case it cracked the zagg glass but nothing happened to the phone, so had to get a new protector and I did but best buys guy went through 4 of them, and still had dust and specs... Problem my citys mall doesn't have a zagg kiosk :(

Ever consider just leaving the screen protector on and battle the ocd rather than the specks? No insult intended but seems this dust issue is costing you a fortune.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Ever consider just leaving the screen protector on and battle the ocd rather than the specks? No insult intended but seems this dust issue is costing you a fortune.

Yep, thats why I'm gonna try that case and go with no screen protector seen a lot of people without one, and i rarely put my phone on pants pocket.. If i seem not to like it I'll just go with a cheap screen protector

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Yep, thats why I'm gonna try that case and go with no screen protector seen a lot of people without one, and i rarely put my phone on pants pocket.. If i seem not to like it I'll just go with a cheap screen protector

My cousin has bad ocd and the minute he buys a phone he takes a key and puts a scratch on the bezel on the phone. His reasoning is now its not in perfect condition I don't need to worry about keeping it mint anymore and he Carries on lol.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Get AppleCare plus, go without a screen protector, and get the phone replaced if the screen scratches. I haven't had a screen protector on my phone since the 5 came out. Still have yet to get more than hairline scratches. Knock on wood. Then again I don't stare at my screen all that carefully. I have 2 jobs a son and a wife. I don't have nearly enough time to care about something I find that unimportant.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
My cousin has bad ocd and the minute he buys a phone he takes a key and puts a scratch on the bezel on the phone. His reasoning is now its not in perfect condition I don't need to worry about keeping it mint anymore and he Carries on lol.

No screen protector?

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't have OCD but I am "anal" about specs of dust under my screen protector. I have the Power Support anti-glare screen protector on both my iP6 and my iPad Air 2. I have installed the same screen protector on my wife's and daughter's iP6. All do not have any specs under the screen protectors. I found that you have to take a lot of care installing them. I keep strips of scotch tape handy in order to remove any specs. I also install the screen protectors by gradually pulling down on the protector's backing as I install it. As the backing comes off the protector I use my other hand to smooth any bubbles out.

I also find the best room in my house that is as dust free as I can find. I also don't remove the screen protector from the packaging until I am ready to install it and that's after I use the dust remover sheet that comes with the Power Support screen protectors.

At least for me when installing the Power Support screen protectors I go very very slow and try to keep the screen protector as close to the screen as possible to try to minimize any dust particles from blowing onto the screen.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
That's crazy extreem, but I can appreciate the logic ...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh