Is there a better keyboard than the stock keyboard on iPhone 6?

makie

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I still cannot wait for Google to release their keyboard for ios, until then I'll stay stock.

Why Google keyboard? I would prefer the keyboard of the z10 or z30. Those keyboards where actually the best I've ever seen! I never had typo's using blackberry's touch keyboard, lol.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't see a #s on main keyboard option.

On android this was available.
On the TouchPal keyboard, you can see numbers on the top keys on one of the settings. Press that key for the number.
1. See numbers:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417388788.468492.jpg

2. Press key.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417388821.284455.jpg

3. Done
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417388843.984991.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
On the TouchPal keyboard, you can see numbers on the top keys on one of the settings. Press that key for the number.
1. See numbers:
View attachment 72610

2. Press key.
View attachment 72611

3. Done
View attachment 72612

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Actually you don't press and hold for the number you swipe up for it and the commas and etc on the lower part of the keyboard you swipe down

Sent from my Gold iPhone using Tapatalk

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I like Swiftkey but I encountered a problem when using it with Messages: No keyboard is showing! It is sporadic but enough to discourage me from using it.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
For me too,the SwiftKey doesn't pop up sometimes at all. Have to relaunch the stock messages app for it to show. And relaunching something on Apple device to get it work doesn't suite me well. If I'd want that I'd gone back to android 😉

Young Money

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I tried SwiftKey and didn't like it, also tried swype and ended up going back to stock until just last night when I gave Fleksy a try, already made it my main keyboard

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For me too,the SwiftKey doesn't pop up sometimes at all. Have to relaunch the stock messages app for it to show. And relaunching something on Apple device to get it work doesn't suite me well. If I'd want that I'd gone back to android
All the 3rd party keyboards do that. Its not as bad now though. I like using SwiftKey so much I don't mind an occasional freeze up. I have worse issues with the stock keyboard.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I do like SwiftKey and it's constant multiple language prediction. Don't have to switch manually from my native language to English. And writing one handed is also way faster via SwiftKey. Stock keyboard in other hand is more reliable to write exactly the words I mean to write. Good thing is that both these keyboards gets better over time so for us consumers its a win-win situation :)

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I like Swiftkey but I encountered a problem when using it with Messages: No keyboard is showing! It is sporadic but enough to discourage me from using it.

I have Swiftkey too and had that same issue. In fact when I was using messages today, it somehow reverted back to the stock then when using another app like Tweetbot, Swiftkey returns. I'll probably revert myself using the stock. It does everything I need to do anyways

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods