Teeny tiny scratch on my Zagg glass screen shield

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
It does, but you have to register it and I never did.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

You can probably still register for the warranty. You type in the date of purchase so just be sure you have your receipt handy. :)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
You can probably still register for the warranty. You type in the date of purchase so just be sure you have your receipt handy. :)

Oh yah that went in the bin on September 19th!!!!

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
^Oh nooo, LOL! 😂

Well, if you used a credit card, maybe you can use the statement as proof of purchase. You fill out the warranty form and submit it, then you file your claim. Maybe register now, then wait a few days and do the claim. If they ask for proof of purchase, present the credit card statement.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh yah that went in the bin on September 19th!!!!

I worked at Best Buy for 5 years (in Customer Service for most of my time there) and I'm going to put some of that knowledge to use! :nerd:

If you take your credit card into the store, Customer Service can look up the transaction and reprint your receipt - no problem at all.

Going back onto your original question - I had a HUGE scratch on my Zagg Glass for the iPhone 5S. Something must've twisted/spun on the glass because I had a big arching scratch from the left side of the screen all the way to the bottom. I keep my phone in pristine condition, so it annoyed me to no end, but I ended up just dealing with it (since it was the screen protector and not the actual screen).

PS - I registered one of my Zaggs close to a year after buying it, when I needed to get a replacement, and had no issues at all.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I worked at Best Buy for 5 years (in Customer Service for most of my time there) and I'm going to put some of that knowledge to use! :nerd:

If you take your credit card into the store, Customer Service can look up the transaction and reprint your receipt - no problem at all.

Going back onto your original question - I had a HUGE scratch on my Zagg Glass for the iPhone 5S. Something must've twisted/spun on the glass because I had a big arching scratch from the left side of the screen all the way to the bottom. I keep my phone in pristine condition, so it annoyed me to no end, but I ended up just dealing with it (since it was the screen protector and not the actual screen).

That's true they can probably find me in my account. THANK YOU!!!!!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I guarantee you the actual screen wouldn't have gotten that scratch.

I don't believe that, though I know folks have different stories.

Within weeks of owning my iPhone 5, it had a scratch on the screen. It had never been dropped, nobody ever handled it, and it had been in and out of my pocket only. Something must have been in my pocket that rubbed on it, and caused a scratch on the screen.... though it was never in my pocket with anything else. Maybe some dirt or other debris? Who knows. But it happened.

I put a crystal screen protector on it, and never saw the scratch again (until I had to replace the protector).

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh I can't claim that!!!!!. The Best Buy guys did it.

Register your screen protector on zagg.com. There is a lifetime warranty on the product, all you pay is shipping & you have to send the old one back. It doesn't matter how it happened, Zagg will replace it. It also doesn't matter when you register.

vle045

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Zagg is amazing! You don't need a receipt or anything. If you haven't already registered, just go on and register it with an approximate date of when you purchased it, then request a replacement. They send you a replacement and an envelope to send back the old one. You pay only for shipping. If you do not send back the old screen protector, they say that they will charge you full price for it, but you have plenty of time to get it done. If you had the original installed at Best Buy, they will install the replacement for free. I just did this a month ago or so. In addition, I wanted to replace the scratched up screen for my son's Nabi. I saw that I hadn't registered it and couldn't find it on the site. I emailed them to inquire about it and they told me it had been discontinued. Since they offer a full lifetime warranty and couldn't fullfill it, they simply sent me a gift card for the retail value of the screen protector... without registering it and without a receipt. (I guess they saw that I have many other screen protectors registered already. LOL) I used that toward a new one for my new iPad Air 2 and it was during their buy one get one free promotion so I grabbed one for the ipad mini that I got my hubby for Christmas. Definitely happy with the customer service and will continue to purchase their products.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2