Just switched to the iPhone 6 from android.

slik6969

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Just got a 16gig iPhone 6 and it's quite nice to say the least. Hopefully we get some updates that let us customize more. And is there anyway to get rid of the recents on top when you double click?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Good choice I pick the six also 6+ was just too big for me, I don't know about turning off the recent's on top at first I did not like them either, but they grew on me. I don't have to open up the phone app to make return phone call.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

slik6969

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I really am enjoying the phone awesome sound and the camera is great. Also the screen is amazing for just being 720p.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got a 16gig iPhone 6 and it's quite nice to say the least. Hopefully we get some updates that let us customize more. And is there anyway to get rid of the recents on top when you double click?

To get rid of the recents in app switcher go to settings>mail contacts and calendars scroll down to contacts select show in app switcher on/off.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I really am enjoying the phone awesome sound and the camera is great. Also the screen is amazing for just being 720p.

One thing about not being on android devices is you'll stop worrying about numbers and just use the phone. Android phones seem to live off selling you 720 or 1080 or QHD. We iPhone users just enjoy a great looking screen :)

jweihrauch

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Congrats on the purchase! What drew you to the iPhone 6 over another Android?

makie

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
For me android was not buggy, but as a smartphone lover I have to use every OS and I did now ( last 12 months ). I actually hope that my "addiction" will go away so I could enjoy a normal phone like most people. There is just 1 upgrade every 12 months, so I should be fine..

I have to say I'm having a hard time not selling it. I do like the phone, but I'm scared I will get pretty bored with it quickly :(

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

You made a great choice switching over. I am a convert as well and I think I'm gonna stay with iOS for a long while. Anyway to answer your question. You go to settings>Contacts,Mail, Calendars> and then look for show in app switcher and you can turn it off. I did it on mine.

hmbarbosa1

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I did the same... I'm coming from a nexus 5 to iPhone 6 nothing to complain about android... Just want a change and I can say I'm enjoying my iPhone 6.... 2 years ago before android I had a iPhone 4 an 4s ...

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I like Android for some of the customization, but I always wind up back in the iPhone. I don't feel the need to mess with it like I do Android, and it just seems to work better. My last Android was the N5.

I'm done with Android, tbh. With those devices, I feel the need to buy a new one a month after getting one. I've never had that with the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on your new 6. Ive also used both platforms and gotta say I'm very content with Apple right now. Had the 4s for 2 yrs and now my 5 for 2 and will get the 6 for a third round. One thing I discovered is how much I value my phone to be of high build quality, with a great screen, buttery smooth and very dependable. Apple is the only one who does all that very well imo. My tablet is a Note 8 and is the more laid back device, custom wallpapers, emulators etc. Thats the best of both worlds if you ask me

j800rl

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

Sorry to break this to you but if you're after customisation you're looking in the wrong place. That's Android's strength.

I recently switched myself and accepted that I'm giving up the customisation and tweakability available with Android. That sacrifice is more than worth it for me though and I'd hate to see further customisation at the risk of performance and everything just working.

Agree about the display though. It's gorgeous and proves higher resolutions aren't necessary.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox