Touch ID failure!?!?!

thecaptainjoe

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having a problem with Touch ID? I got my iPhone 6 a few days after it was released and everything was working fine and one day my finger print stopped unlocking the device. So I headed over to settings and found iPhone unlock, Apple pay, and iTunes & App Store was turned off. When I tried to re-enable I got an error. If I tap the iPhone on a table it will start working for a while but eventually stops. Anyone else having this issue. I'm waiting for an exchange because the place where I got the phone has been out of stock. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415777053.162944.jpg

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, can't say I have. Had the 5s and the now the 6 without any issues with the touch ID. hope your replacement comes in soon.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I had a simpler problem with my 5s in the be beginning worked great at first then got harder and harder for the scanner to read my print, but I was always able to get through set up. I took it to the Apple store and they replaced the phone might just be a faulty scanner.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I had a simpler problem with my 5s in the be beginning worked great at first then got harder and harder for the scanner to read my print, but I was always able to get through set up. I took it to the Apple store and they replaced the phone might just be a faulty scanner.

I had the same problem with my 5S. from what I read after the iOS update that fixed the problem on the 5Ss the problem was that the iOS was updating your Touch ID every time you used it. I think it iOS 7.0.1 or .2 that fixed the problem. I had also taken my 5S back to the Apple store and had it replaced.

So far on my iP6 I've had only 1 problem. I lost only 1 or the 2 prints I had stored. I don't know if it was just bad luck or something else it happened the day after I used Apple Pay. (Knock on Wood) since that 1 time Touch ID has worked every time.

"If I tap the iPhone on a table it will start working for a while but eventually stops." this sounds like a loose connection in the iPhone. I would personally take it back and get a new iPhone.

Good luck.

jono119

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
This happened to my 5s and they replaced it. When it happened on my 6 apple offered to swap the whole screen assembly in store. That way i didnt end up with a refurb.

works perfect now.

froxeneyes

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
i have iphone 6, it shows an error while adding a fingerprint, it shows unable to complete touch id setup. i have restored my iphone as well as replaced the lcd assembly. it doesnt worked. can you help me?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

vitkica

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else having a problem with Touch ID? I got my iPhone 6 a few days after it was released and everything was working fine and one day my finger print stopped unlocking the device. So I headed over to settings and found iPhone unlock, Apple pay, and iTunes & App Store was turned off. When I tried to re-enable I got an error. If I tap the iPhone on a table it will start working for a while but eventually stops. Anyone else having this issue. I'm waiting for an exchange because the place where I got the phone has been out of stock. View attachment 71225
Hay. I have that probles with iphone 6, too.
Yesterday I was updated my fone to IOS 10 and i can not use my ID touch. I do not know what is going on so, if you know please help me. Thank you!

vitkica

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Hay. I have that probles with iphone 6, too.
Yesterday I was updated my fone to IOS 10 and i can not use my ID touch. I do not know what is going on so, if you know please help me. Thank you!

whittersss

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Mine just started doing the same thing, after i updated too. I don't know if they'll fix it at the apple store bc mine is a refurb and I didn't get apple care ugghh

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2