Apple Care

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I went and got AppleCare today. Much better deal than carriers insurance of $10/month and $250 deductible! I realize AppleCare deductible is $79, but much more "fair" than carriers boarder line fraudulently priced insurance.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I went and got AppleCare today. Much better deal than carriers insurance of $10/month and $250 deductible! I realize AppleCare deductible is $79, but much more "fair" than carriers boarder line fraudulently priced insurance.

The only thing you're missing out on with AppleCare plus instead of carrier insurance is. It being covered for loss or theft. But yes I agree that carrier insurance is crazy expensive.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
The only thing you're missing out on with AppleCare plus instead of carrier insurance is. It being covered for loss or theft. But yes I agree that carrier insurance is crazy expensive.

Knock on wood I've always managed to break them before losing or having one stole. Watch, with my luck this will be one the time... Facepalm lol 😜

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Knock on wood I've always managed to break them before losing or having one stole. Watch, with my luck this will be one the time... Facepalm lol

Good luck! I've never had AppleCare plus or insurance so I'm really walking a tight rope.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

If all of the terms are spelled out up front, and the insurer adheres to them without bait and switch or there questionable behavior, it’s NOT fraud. It’s not a good deal, IMO, but it’s not fraud. Fraud has to do with intentional deception, which is not the case. Not even "border line".

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No, you got AppleCare+, not AppleCare.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
If all of the terms are spelled out up front, and the insurer adheres to them without bait and switch or there questionable behavior, it?s NOT fraud. It?s not a good deal, IMO, but it?s not fraud. Fraud has to do with intentional deception, which is not the case. Not even "border line".

Absolutely. I was probably exaggerating... A lot. I still think it's a ripoff as well, however. 😜

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely. I was probably exaggerating... A lot. I still think it's a ripoff as well, however.

It is a ripoff. Most people that I know that have carrier insurance don't know that they have to pay a large deductible. Usually when they find out they stop paying for insurance.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro